Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:43:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiper motor wiring terminals  (Read 1927 times)
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« on: 28 August, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »

Just investigating the Magneti Marelli 6v wiper motor on my Augusta which is currently (!) fed with 12v but runs very well although getting a bit warm.

I had a problem with the lever switch whose spindle bush is a bit worn and allowed the contact arm to move too far blowing the fuse. I can sort that but on opening up the casing I found that the original connections which look as though they should have some sort of push-on end terminal on the wires, are just soldered in place rather nastily.

I have not found a wire end terminal which I imagine would push onto the brass terminal post from the side, in some way snapping into the groove of the post. It must leave the flat top of the post clear as that is used as a contact for the switch on one of the posts. Has anyone any knowledge of these?

Thanks
Mike

* P1000699resized.jpg (121.04 KB, 640x480 - viewed 346 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd