Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Track Evening Brands Hatch - 27 August - 96 Club and select Lancia lovers  (Read 2077 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« on: 13 August, 2019, 05:01:41 PM »

My friend and fellow Lancia devotee has asked me to make this post:

Following the great success of our June Track Evening, I have booked the Indy circuit at Brands Hatch exclusively for 96 Club members and select marques - at the last one we had the Fulvia 1600 HF of Tim Heath who had a great time, an original Team Lotus X1, two 1960s Abarth Fiats, various Porsches old and new, and a Project 8 SVR Jaguar, a Triumph Vitesse and a Unipower GT - have you seen one of those before!?

There were no more than 6 cars on the track at any one time and no mishaps, excellent driving and some very quick laps.

Here are some comments from particpants: 'fabulous to see the Lotus team car of Paul Alexander out on the track', 'the right crowd and no crowding', 'lovely relaxed event with no cars buzzing me', 'fantastic instruction from the very skilled Kevin Haggarthy', 'I felt like I had the whole circuit to myself', It was the first trackday I had ever attended and I enjoyed a great deal. It very much felt like a group of friends that had met up at the circuit for the evening'.

I had organised to have a rising scale of cost for the previous events but this did not work so well so the event on 27 August will be a fixed fee of £199, extra drivers are just £30 each, passengers £10 - passengers can get lots of rides in some very quick cars.

Yes, before the moaners say you can go on a track for less, that is true. And you will be with very mixed cars (VW Golfs, Honda Civic Type Rs, too many Caterhams) all buzzing you or holding you up. Also we have expert instructors who understand older vehicles and drivers of all abilities. Email me to join: simon@96club.co.uk
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2019, 05:17:51 PM »

It is a great evening (assuming weather permitting)

I could have driven non stop. I was not the fastest car by any means but great fun, and much more technical than say goodwood.

Sorry cannot make this one though.

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator