Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 10:28:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1938 Aprilia steering angles  (Read 6425 times)
Kari

« Reply #15 on: 17 February, 2022, 05:17:11 PM »

Are the wheels properly (dynamically) balanced?

Regards  Karl
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 17 February, 2022, 08:57:24 PM »

I agree about the wheel balancing , they are very sensitive. Badly balanced wheels can give a "funny vagueness" at the steering wheel, but as Karl suggests, it isn't just the wheel itself, you need to consider the wheel/drum combined - is it better or worse if you refit the wheel at 90° or 180° on the drum ?

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 19 February, 2022, 10:35:34 PM »

The brakes do tend to pull a little on light application especially if you have fitted new linings as well.    It is not anything to worry about.   The wheel wobble at only 10mph does sound much more like pillar wear than balance which only tends to come on over 40mph.   It is difficult to test the pillars for slack as if you jack the car up to free the wheel the pillar is then at the very (unworn) end of its travel - I used to get my Lambda through its MOT using this trick.   Try heaving on the top of the wheel when the car is sitting normally.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
DavidHill

« Reply #18 on: 22 February, 2022, 05:26:10 PM »

Thanks for the comments... i will move the wheels round through 90 degrees to check, but suspect that's not the issue as the tyres are new and the wheels are recently balanced and its occurring at a low speed.  I think it may be the sliding pillar and in particular suspect the bearing that allows the pillar to rotate...will try another test drive now the weather has cleared...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd