Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:00:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thema windscreens  (Read 4400 times)
deltanick1300
« on: 20 April, 2008, 09:32:17 AM »

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has had a windscreen replaced on a Thema recently, and in particular whether it's still possible to get the bronzed trim strips as fitted to the 8.32 and, I think, Series 3?

Alternatively, is it possible to reuse a trim strip?

Any help appreciated, as the advice I'm getting so far is that only chromed trim strips are now available.

Cheers

Nick

Nick Haigh
Kent area co-ordinator
Thema 8.32
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 21 April, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »

Fiat still have stocks of the LEFT HAND trim (as you sit in the car). Price is 156.99 Euro plus VAT. I can supply these to members for 109.89 pls VAT. Not cheap but it's the best I can do.
I've checked and RIGHT HAND trims are NLA.
In time Fiat are meant to be introducing a 'Stock Locater' which means if I check a part number here in Ireland it will show up in various locations around Europe rather than the warehouse in the UK or in Italy which is the case at present.
On saying that, dont hold your breath.
From time to time I check part numbers whever people are looking for a particular item, sometimes I'm amazed at what turns up in stock. For example in 2001 I managed to get 2 master cylinders for Fiat 850t vans (unavailable since the eighties) and a solitary water pump for a FULVIA. Only last week I recd a couple of Fiat 127 doors.
When you consider the thousands of these parts that were made in the first place the chances are they are still sitting on a shelf somwhere.
The price however is out of my control...

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 21 April, 2008, 05:44:42 PM »

can you run a check for an aprilia fuel tank sender unit.-439-766A....... Wink
« Last Edit: 21 April, 2008, 05:47:47 PM by Scarpia » Logged
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 22 April, 2008, 09:17:58 AM »

Ahh come on now....Use a dipstick !!
Only joking, if you've ever seen a Fulvia parts book, all the part numbers are 7 digit, starting with 1 or 2. Fiat simply added an 8 in front of most of these numbers which gave the 8 digit numbers used for many years.
I think this was only done on the models which were in production when Fiat aquired Lancia. I have no way of checking pre Fiat cars.
I wonder where all the parts wnt when the takeover happened, there must have been a lot of 'stuff' lying around.
When Fiat in Ireland ceased assembly of cars in the early eighties the dumped a lot of parts which dated back to the sixties, plus the Lancia section was a seperate part and I have no idea what happened to all that stuff. The people who ran it are still in business (2 brothers), they own a motor factors now. I must ask them ...

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
m tulloch
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 24 April, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »

The trims can be re used. Recently, I've had both the windscreen replaced on my 16v, and the rear screen re fitted on my 8.32. Whoever removes the screen has to be extremely careful not to distort them.
deltanick1300
« Reply #5 on: 26 April, 2008, 09:53:12 PM »

Thanks for this. On further investigation, a fallback option may be to use a Fiat Croma (S1) trim which is black (better than chrome which is the only Thema option available new, it seems).

But first one has to find a screen...! According to Autoglass they now have to be imported.

Cheers

Nick
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 28 April, 2008, 10:19:45 AM »

Screen part number 82461211 is available ex stock from Italy. Retail price is 472 Euro plus VAT. I can do it for 300 plus Vat. But Ask your local Fiat dealer to order it for you on a stock order, he will get a bigger discount from Fiat , and could pass it on to yourself. Get to know the local Fiat parts man.....

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd