Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:42:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprilia single-seater race car 1938  (Read 3675 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« on: 20 June, 2019, 07:48:44 PM »

No relation to the seller, but this advert with its photos will I am sure be of interest:

Lancia Monoposto Special 1938 VSCC
This amazing Lancia Monoposto (Single seater) is VSCC proved as a Historic VSCC Racing car / PVT Racing car.
The Lancia has appeared in the Bateman book ” The enthusiasts guide to vintage specials”
It is a very rare car being one of the only known Pre-war Lancia Monoposto’s
The car has all aluminium special body.
Powered bySupercharged Aprilia 1352cc narrow V with overhead cam and a Shorrock Supercharger.
4 speed manual gear box with reverse
Independent suspension all around with inboard rear brakes that was revolutionary at the time!
Complete with the drivers seat that was taken from the Comet G-APDC, The first non stop transatlantic passenger jet aircraft!
The car handles excellent and sounds amazing
Ready for racing or hill climbs
Excellent history folder with many photographs and records, including the original Buff log book for the 1938 Lancia FGF974.

A great way to begin classic motorsport or just have great fun

A superb value car at only £35995 ono

Video link :   https://youtu.be/1FjjKc9Y1ww

Please let us know if you need and more information
Best wishes
Alex
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2019, 09:15:06 PM »

Is this the car built in the 70's on a up side down MG chassis, i believe i saw this at Brooklands auctions about 5 years ago. If so, I see the current owner is forgetting certain information 

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 21 June, 2019, 08:21:47 AM »

It looks well made but how ugly - like an American dirt track midget racer.

Mike
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 21 June, 2019, 09:29:49 AM »

It was in the paddock at VSCC Snetterton a couple of years ago with a "for sale" sign on it. Looks top heavy to me, but I expect it goes like stink. I drove a supercharged Aprilia many years ago around the streets near Harry's and was quite impressed. I remember the long inlet pipe ended up very frosty! I have forgotten who owned it!
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 21 June, 2019, 05:58:39 PM »

Yes this was the car i saw back in 2013, it's quite tall, built in the 80's lot more info here http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6673.0

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 22 June, 2019, 06:44:33 AM »

Could do without the head cowling and a longer tail to balance it up. My initial thought was that it would turn over at anything higher than 15mph but I imagine the high ally bodywork doesn't account for much and the CoG is reasonable.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
LatheJon

« Reply #6 on: 22 June, 2019, 10:54:53 AM »

hi John,
Yes it was my car you had a ride in back in 1979, Had an Arnott blower on it, went like stink!
Still have the car, Blower long gone.
J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd