Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:00:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: finally....i have brakes!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4426 times)
toby2449
« on: 24 February, 2008, 07:30:41 PM »

oh yes, after lots of trouble, & a prolonged period of not actually doing anything to the Dedra, i got back out today on a truly gorgeous spring day & now my Dedra's brakes finally work, they're not great, but they do stop the car!!!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 24 February, 2008, 11:22:42 PM »

Hi Mark,
pleased you can at least use your Dedra at last? can you elaborate on "Not Great" Huh?.

Dedra don't exactly have the best feeling brakes around anyway, as the master cylinder & servo are on the left, with a whacking great bar assembly to transfer the movement of the pedal from right to left.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Harvey
« Reply #2 on: 25 February, 2008, 10:49:24 AM »

That explains why, having been used to the Dedra's brakes, I'd nearly put myself through the windscreen when I first braked in a different car...  Smiley
The Dedra's brakes are about on par with the braking distances in the Highway Code - so not bad by 1970's standards.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 25 February, 2008, 02:21:23 PM »

That explains why, having been used to the Dedra's brakes, I'd nearly put myself through the windscreen when I first braked in a different car...  Smiley
The Dedra's brakes are about on par with the braking distances in the Highway Code - so not bad by 1970's standards.

Hi Harvey,
Never had any problems stopping any of my Dedra's, it's just that you're never quite sure Shocked but the last bite of the brakes always appear to do the job Grin

I'm glad we didn't have the Grande Punto when we had Dedra's as the brakes on this are pretty fierce, and not very pleasant if you forget yourself and hit them instead of stroking them, Bob Seaney has the same on his , so it's not just me or our one.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Harvey
« Reply #4 on: 25 February, 2008, 04:11:05 PM »

I wasn't complaining - it's part of the character. It also allows more progressive braking. Many modern cars have "digital brakes" - on or off!!
toby2449
« Reply #5 on: 26 February, 2008, 01:28:27 PM »

Hi Mark,
pleased you can at least use your Dedra at last? can you elaborate on "Not Great" Huh?.

Dedra don't exactly have the best feeling brakes around anyway, as the master cylinder & servo are on the left, with a whacking great bar assembly to transfer the movement of the pedal from right to left.

Brian
8227 Cool

well i wouldn't go so far as to say i can drive her at last, as a few more things need to be done to it, but atleast she's getting there!

erm, by "not great" i ment soft, ie the 147 i have has excellent brakes they stop you instantly, the Dedra's need a bit of time  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd