Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:38:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Volumex Compressor  (Read 4938 times)
theringerboy
« on: 22 February, 2008, 08:35:12 AM »

Hi all,

Now I know they're as rare as a sensible Labour government policy, but here goes.

Wanted: VX compressor for my 83 VX coupe. It's the last piece of the jigsaw, so any condition considered. Please mail me on glennringer@yahoo.co.uk if you happen to have a one lying about in you garage, loft, spare room, car...

Thanks in advance

G
inthedark
« Reply #1 on: 22 February, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »

There was a volumex being broken on ebay (£600 for the S/charger) can't remember the item nbr.
Geoff
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 24 February, 2008, 09:35:35 AM »

That ebay one was 300195865114 and went for £385 to mick_131 who we might guess is a Fiat enthusiast.

Its sacrilage to even suggest it - but if really REALLY stuck Toyota blowers seem to be the best value and - unlike a volumex - is an off the shelf item.  Out of interest as much as a suggestion:-

http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=2147
http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/Turbos%20&%20SChargers.htm

===

Does anyone have a "dead" volumex blower?  I'm just starting an Aprilia engined Augusta project and have wondered about making space for a volumex to be added at a later date.  I've enough to do - and spend on - without forking out for a decent blower but it would be interesting to "try one for size".

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »

My plan way back when was to remove the scuttle structure and move the engine right back to improve the weight distribution and leave space for a blower up front. 

These days I'd rather keep a back seat and keep the scuttle structure all as standard.  The plan now is to put the Aprilia engine just about where the Augusta engine sat, and I very much doubt there's space left, right, or on top.   As it is its proving to be a bit tight just getting the bonnet to close with a carb in place and to squeeze a dynamo in there.

It would still be fun to hold one up for size...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
theringerboy
« Reply #4 on: 25 February, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »

Well David, the Aprilia/Augusta hybrid is all good stuff. It very easy to recreate an existing model/specification but the fun starts when your imagination kicks in. Normaly mine starts going into overdrive after a few bottles of Brown Ale!! If I cant source a factory item I'll just buy a second hand Eaton of ebay. I'll have to fabricate the manifold but, hey, that's no hardship. Besides it may flow more air and a sealed unit may be less of a maintenance headache....

cheers guys

G
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 27 February, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »

An Eaton off a Mini really is a good idea - I wonder if anyone's done that on a twin cam yet?

For me its no option as they don't look sufficently period - the VSCC will let in a volumex (with some mods) and are open to a Toyota pending detailed photos and a similar prescribed "grind off that logo" type list of mods.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd