Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:21:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newby Hall Historic Rally in North Yorkshire July 21st  (Read 1911 times)
Mikenoangelo
Megaposter

« on: 29 March, 2019, 09:51:57 PM »

The Historic Vehicle Rally at Newby Hall near Ripon in North Yorkshire is a very large gathering of 1200 to 1500 cars with a large Autojumble. It is run by The  North of England Classic and Pre War Automobiles Club, known as NECPWA. I have attended this event (and I'm not a "park in a field person") for many years and thoroughly recommend it. Any car built before 31st December 1972 qualifies, in classes for Veteran, Vintage, Post vintage and post war as well as military and commercials. This year it is to be held on Sunday July 21st with a closing date for entries of Friday June 28th. There are concours awards, judged for the various classes although it is more a social than polishers event.

Newby Hall is a magnificent stately home with many things to see including the house, built in the 1690's, superb gardens, childrens' playground and a miniature steam railway. There is plenty for the family to enjoy, so it is not just a bloke's car day! The entry fee for a car and passengers is only a fiver so very good value.

Many marques are well represented and if more than 10 of the make attend, can benefit from a designated parking area which helps greatly with the social side. Last year I looked in vain for even one Lancia but there were none. I shall be going as usual this year, taking my recently acquired 1936 Augusta and wonder if this would be a good opportunity for we Northerners to gather and perhaps if we can muster at least 10 cars, have our own parking area.

If you would like to take part with your car can you send me a private message and if we have enough takers I will request a parking area for Lancias.

Mike Clark
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 01 April, 2019, 07:58:42 AM »

Mike

This would be a great event for the Yorkshire group to attend, but unfortunately, with the possible exception of a Fulvia all our cars are post 1972. I'll see about a run up to the show anyway, but I'm guessing we wouldn't qualify for a stand.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd