Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:26:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classics in the Walled Garden, Luton Hoo - Wednesday 3rd July  (Read 2914 times)
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« on: 18 January, 2019, 08:36:50 AM »

Sounds like a nice event, particularly if the weather is good and you don't live too far away....

I’m pleased to advise you all that the 11th Classics in the Walled Garden will be held on Wednesday the 3rd July 2019. Last year’s event attracted around 650 cars and raised almost £5,000 for charity/good causes.

Classics in the Walled Garden is an evening picnic within and around the historic Walled Garden on the Luton Hoo Estate. I shall be allocating spaces as completed entries are received, the first 150 entrants will be inside the Walled Garden, the next 150 in the area immediately outside the Walled Garden with the remaining places in the paddock field nearby. Spaces inside the Walled Garden go very quickly indeed!

No gazebo’s will be permitted within the Walled Garden without prior authority.

The event is aimed at cars and motorcycles aged 20 years and older, with more modern classics accepted at my discretion.

Subject to space there will be limited parking available, outside the Walled Garden on payment, on the night for classics which haven’t booked and spectators. 

Last year saw a large number of entries arriving on the night, pre-booking would greatly assist, please encourage friends who are entering to pre-book. Entries on the night will again be charged at £8. Spectators on the night will be £5 per adult.

On the night within the Walled Garden we will have, a licensed bar, catering facilities and music. I will update all entrants with an email nearer the time.

Please note Luton Hoo Estate is completely separate from Luton Hoo Hotel and there is NO entry to the Walled Garden from the grounds of the hotel. Access to the estate is gated and will be closed during the day. There will be NO ENTRY to the estate before 4pm and we are setting a closing time this year of 9pm.

Proceeds from Classics in the Walled Garden will be divided between The Walled Garden Project, Jumbulance Trust www.jumbulance.org.uk/ and Harpenden Mencap www.harpendenmencap.org.uk/

The rally fee this year remains at £6 per entry. I will again be accepting payment of rally fees via Paypal for those of you who prefer to pay that way. Simply email me your completed form and make a payment to my email address, peter.madden@btinternet.com . Please use Classics in the Walled Garden as the reference and include your registration number. I will provide the envelope and stamp to send your pass out. There will be an additional fee of £1.50 to cover, postage and envelopes.

I’m always in need marshalls so if you can spare a couple of hours of your time on the day please let me know. I’m tremendously indebted to all of you who have helped over the years as without that support these events simply couldn’t take place.

As in previous years I’m planning on a tombola to raise extra funds, if you work for a company that might be interested in donating some product or merchandise please get in touch. On the website you can see a list of our sponsors.

Peter Madden

Entry form below.

Classics in the Walled Garden
Luton Hoo
Wednesday 3rd July 2019
Ticket Application Form
Please fill in this form and print with required details and a SAE & cheque for £6 payable to ‘Peter Madden’ and post to:
Peter Madden, "Classics in the Walled Garden", 26 Gustard Wood, Wheathampstead, Herts. AL4 8RR

About Your Car/Bike   
Vehicle Make                 
Model                  
Registration                 
Year                        
About You   
Name              
Address 1       
Address 2       
Town/City      
Postcode        
e-mail address      
Your entry fee includes a souvenir rally plaque if received by 14th May 2019

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2019, 06:38:36 PM »

Peter Madden first started Classics on the Common at Harpenden, another great event.
About 4-5 years ago he pulled out and handed it over to others and started the Walled Garden.
I've been going every year and it's a really nice event.
A few words of advice, if you are lucky enough to get one of the 150 places in the walled garden.
If it's a nice evening, it can get very hot in there, so make sure you bear that in mind.
The immediate parking outside is not my favourite area to park as if dry, it's very dusty.
The field is only a couple of minutes stroll from the walled garden, and has lots of space.
Peter says no entry before 4pm, and he means it, if you turn up early you won't get in.
Coming from Junction 10 of the M1 head towards Harpenden, ignore the entrance to Luto Hoo, that is only for the house/Hotel.
Take the first turning on the left past the house entrance, entrance then on the left.
Do hope to see many of you.
Brian
 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd