Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 12:50:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Castrol Valvemaster and Valvemaster Plus  (Read 2254 times)
Justin McArdle
Megaposter

Fulvia Berlina 2C

« on: 26 December, 2018, 08:13:41 AM »

I use Castrol Valvemaster Plus in my 2000hf coupe. I was under the impression that the product has been discontinued by Castrol and have stockpiled what stocks I came across.

It now appears that both Valvemaster and Valvemaster Plus are still available but not marketed as Castrol products. I am assuming that it is  the original manufacturer which is continuing supply. Their website extols their marketing prowess but my experience has been that they have been remarkably opaque and unsuccessful in advising existing users that the product was still available. I have considered the Miller equivalents but like the "Castrol" products' relatively lower cost and ease of use.

The Castrol Valvemaster Plus 250ml treats 250l of fuel at approximately £10.00; the Miller VSPe Power Plus 500ml multi shot treats 500l of fuel at approximately £30.00.
The Miller products claims to also combat the adverse effects of ethanol in unleaded petrol up to E10

https://classicvalvemaster.co.uk/where-to-buy

I may give Valvemaster a call in the new year to get additional information which I will share.

Lancia 2000 HF Coupe
Fulvia Berlina 2C
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 26 December, 2018, 10:44:53 AM »

Until now I have never really considered using petrol additives on our old cars unless I have been unable to find what I consider to be bona-fide high octane fuel from suppliers such as Shell and BP.
However like many other Aurelia owners I now have problems with fuel vaporisation from time to time in the summer in spite of never filling up with fuel rated higher than E10. I believe this vaporisation is entirely due to the Ethanol content making the fuel more volatile and prone to evaporation.
I wonder whether the Miller additive would help in this respect as they state that it offsets the adverse effects of E10?
Chris   

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 26 December, 2018, 10:40:06 PM »

Seems Valvemaster is out of the same building as Castrol Classic oils and is still on their website.

https://www.classicoils.co.uk/additives

I am pleased that this product is still going to be available as I carry it as a precaution for not being able to get V Power or BP Ultimate (esp in Europe).

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator