Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 05:23:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Linked Events
  • Kop Hill Climb: 21 September, 2019 - 22 September, 2019
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kop Hill Climb  (Read 11301 times)
HPEHF
Megaposter

« on: 21 November, 2018, 08:31:33 PM »

We have been invited by the organisers if we would like a club stand for this event, and was wondering if anyone local would like to organise this.

Price for this year was £20 With car driver + Passenger for the day or £30 for the 2 days whilst it was £18 per person on the gate, and they will be offering a similar deal this year.

Regards

Simon Davis
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 21 November, 2018, 11:28:53 PM »

Brian Hilton does it regularly so might be up for it.
Minari

« Reply #2 on: 22 November, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »

What is the 2019 date?
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 22 November, 2018, 10:44:55 PM »

Brian Hilton does it regularly so might be up for it.
Frank maybe a problem for me as I only go on the Saturday, and if I'm lucky I'll be running the hill again which means I'll be with Fay in the paddock rather than with the club and static entrants.
Brian,
8227  Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 22 November, 2018, 10:49:30 PM »

What is the 2019 date?
It's 21st- 22nd  September 2019
Check the website for further details.
Brian
8227   Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
jmspear

« Reply #5 on: 23 November, 2018, 02:05:19 PM »

I grew up about 5 miles away from Kop hill used to be where as a spotty youth we took our marina's and viva's to test there mettle, never realised it was a pukka hill climb event, might be tempted next year to give it a go in my HF1600, will be fun comparing it to a 1976 1256 viva HC!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 23 November, 2018, 06:29:10 PM »

I grew up about 5 miles away from Kop hill used to be where as a spotty youth we took our marina's and viva's to test there mettle, never realised it was a pukka hill climb event, might be tempted next year to give it a go in my HF1600, will be fun comparing it to a 1976 1256 viva HC!
It used to be a very big event back in the 1920's as it was an unmade road, which I think it was mainly chalk so it would have been quite slippy.
However a pedestrian who had been warned that it wasn't a good idea to stand where he was, was killed, and sporting events were banned on public highways.
About 10 years ago? Permission was obtained to close the road for one weekend a year with the proceeds raised distributed to local charities.
You can't just pay your money and enter, you have to apply, and if your vehicles is chosen as of sufficient interest by a committee, you get the choice of the Saturday Or Sunday, unless I think you have a prewar car then you can pay another fee, and run both days, if your car isn't chosen then you can join the static display along with many other nice cars.
If you are accepted its £40 for the day, for this you get an untimed run up the hill in the morning (it isn't a competition and the road traffic act still applies), and one in the afternoon,.
It's a great buzz and you can time yourself, and gets lots of waves and smiles on the way back down from the crowds.
This year they asked if entrants would take passengers up, as they were selling rides, the passengers picked a car out of the bag and on the bottom is the entrants number of the car they have chosen, this way no one can pick and choose, great idea, I took a lady and two children up, they loved it, and more money was raised for the charities.
There's lots going on, and I'd recommend the event to anyone.
Brian
8227  Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 22 April, 2019, 10:31:07 PM »

For the first time the Lancia Motor Club will have a stand in the Clubs area for both days.
We have been allocated space for 10 cars, the space to a certain extent is conditional on us having a good response, if not we might lose the space, so please come along and support your favourite Motor Club!
Help to run the stand both days would be appreciated, I shall be there both days, but if I'm accepted to run the hill again in FAY this year, I'll need to be parked in the paddock.
If you've never been, you don't know what you're missing! it's a great event, with lots of lovely cars and bikes running the hill, and lots more in the Clubs area, as well as in the general display area, lots of stalls and good food, plenty for children as well,all in aid of local groups.
Below is how to register to park in our Club area, I appreciate not everyone will want to park with us, but there were about 8 Lancia there last year, so it would be nice to see them altogether with a club presence as well as some new faces.
Besides it's nearer for most of us than going to Goodwood is.
all Lancia welcome as long as they comply with the cutoff date.
If you are coming I'd appreciate knowing, although you will show on the list for the Club display.
Brian Hilton
Entrants must pre-book paddock parking using this facility. Bookings will only be confirmed when the correct booking form and payment has been received. Paddock bookings are for one day or both and paddock passes will be issued on this basis, for use by the registered vehicle only.
Where a club/sponsor/exhibitor fails to attract sufficient paid entries for their allocated space, the organisers reserve the right in their absolute discretion to amalgamate such spaces within the clubs area for example. into a “General Clubs” area.
All vehicles arriving will be expected to display the numbered Paddock entry pass when registering with the gate stewards, without which they will not be admitted and will be redirected to the public car park.  Each Paddock pass will admit one vehicle with its driver and one passenger. Additional passengers will be admitted at £18 per head per day collected at the gate
A club/sponsor/exhibitor wishing to bring a support vehicle e.g. van or trailer will be supplied with an additional pass for this vehicle (see below) which will normally be parked in the trailer/tender parking area for the duration of the event.
The speed limit in the Paddock is 5mph. Drivers must obey the instructions of the Paddock stewards and marshals at all times.
The Paddock will be open from 0800 to 1800 each day and locked and patrolled by security guards overnight.
The general public are admitted to the Paddock area and all vehicles must be supervised and left in a safe condition at all times.
As an exception to the general rule for our events, there is no bar on post 1979 vehicles displayed on club stands however, vehicles must be at least 25 years old and the organisers do require that all display vehicles will be of special interest. The organisers reserve the right in their absolute discretion to require vehicles felt to be inappropriate for the event, to be removed to the general parking area. The display of vehicles for sale in club areas is not permitted. A separate application for trade stands is available for this purpose.
Acceptance of all entries, including club space booking requests, will be at the sole discretion of the organisers whose decision will be final. Entry fees will be refunded in full if an entry is not accepted.
Entry fees received for accepted entries are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the organisers, in which case refund of fees paid shall be in full and final settlement.
Dogs are not permitted on the event site except on a very short lead and with owners fully responsible for any cleaning up required.
In making this application clubs confirm that they are fully covered with public liability insurance and agree to indemnify the organisers in respect of any claims made in relation to their attendance at the event.
Data © Kop Hill Climb Festival 2019
Help
Event Management Systems by Ingenuity Systems (© Cleartext Ltd 2012 - 2019)

Dedra Technical Adviser
Fulviaclassics
Lapsed

« Reply #8 on: 08 June, 2019, 09:14:32 AM »

Hi Brian,
I'll be there on the Sunday and doing the run up the hill in my Fulvia Daytona rep, I'll be parked in the paddock. Hopefully I'll be able to negotiate my way back on the public roads with only half a turn of steering!
See you there. Tony.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 08 June, 2019, 12:29:17 PM »

Hi Brian,
I'll be there on the Sunday and doing the run up the hill in my Fulvia Daytona rep, I'll be parked in the paddock. Hopefully I'll be able to negotiate my way back on the public roads with only half a turn of steering!
See you there. Tony.

Hi Tony,
i'll be  in the paddock with you as I'm running the Hill on Sunday as well, but it does mean we need more members and cars for our stand in the club area.
It will be my third time on the hill, but you'll certainly get up it quicker than I do in my 2c!
There is a new grandstand this year which is just by the end if the start straight, so spectators can down to the start but also see the cars on the climb itself. 
Crikey that is what you might call quick steering, but you should be ok  Shocked
See you there.
Brian
8227  Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 14 June, 2019, 11:32:57 AM »

Hi Brian,
See you there. Tony.

Hi Tony,
i'll be  in the paddock with you as I'm running the Hill on Sunday as well, but it does mean we need more members and cars for our stand in the club area.
It will be my third time on the hill, but you'll certainly get up it quicker than I do in my 2c!
There is a new grandstand this year which is just by the end if the start straight, so spectators can down to the start but also see the cars on the climb itself. 
Crikey that is what you might call quick steering, but you should be ok  Shocked
See you there.
Brian
8227  Cool
I received a call today requesting location and directions.
Kop Hill is near the centre of Princes Risborough between High Wycombe and Aylesbury.
Full details of the event and direction can be found on the Kop Hill website.
Brian
 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #11 on: 01 July, 2019, 05:26:09 PM »

Hi Brian,

Just signed up for the Sunday

See you there!

Cheers
Dave

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 01 July, 2019, 06:43:42 PM »

Hi Brian,

Just signed up for the Sunday

See you there!

Cheers
Dave
Great news Dave,
See you there
Brian
8227  Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Fulviaclassics
Lapsed

« Reply #13 on: 20 September, 2019, 04:54:16 PM »

Sorry Brian, I've had to change to the Saturday as I'm going away Sunday.
I'll be in the paddock but will come and say hello to the LMC crew.
I've just had to put some 14" HF road wheels on the car to give me enough ground clearance in the field/paddock which is a shame, it grips much better with 8" track tyres!  Wink

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 20 September, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »

Sorry Brian, I've had to change to the Saturday as I'm going away Sunday.
I'll be in the paddock but will come and say hello to the LMC crew.
I've just had to put some 14" HF road wheels on the car to give me enough ground clearance in the field/paddock which is a shame, it grips much better with 8" track tyres!  Wink

[/quote
You might have had trouble on the hill itself if you were that low Shocked
See you tomorrow.
Brian
8227  Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator