Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 06:01:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia four years on  (Read 12978 times)
Flamfan

« Reply #15 on: 31 October, 2018, 04:23:00 PM »

I took the advice of my mechanic who said that spot lights are traditionally wired through the main ( high ) beam.
He was also happy to wire them to dipped or on a separate dash board switch to be used at the discretion of the driver.
However, this would take longer and require interfering with the originality of the instrument panel.
If they were wired for dipped I thought it a trifle OTT in city driving to use side lights, dipped beam and spotlights ?
Driving on B roads at night the main beam now throws a long distance light and the spot lights provide added light
to pavements and shorter distances.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 31 October, 2018, 06:15:42 PM »

I took the advice of my mechanic who said that spot lights are traditionally wired through the main ( high ) beam.
He was also happy to wire them to dipped or on a separate dash board switch to be used at the discretion of the driver.
However, this would take longer and require interfering with the originality of the instrument panel.
If they were wired for dipped I thought it a trifle OTT in city driving to use side lights, dipped beam and spotlights ?
Driving on B roads at night the main beam now throws a long distance light and the spot lights provide added light
to pavements and shorter distances.

I could be wrong but I thought it was a legal requirement that they are only wired through main beams.
Brian
8227  Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 31 October, 2018, 08:16:46 PM »

The car in David's picture looks like it has used the overrider bolt holes to mount the lamp brackets. Are you sure you don't need a third spot light to complete the set though?

* Flaminia PF Coupe Rally Monte Carlo 1962 Cesare Fiorio 1.jpg (72.59 KB, 809x442 - viewed 507 times.)
Flamfan

« Reply #18 on: 01 November, 2018, 02:44:55 PM »

Crikey, that's a weird looking Flaminia. What's going on with those headlights ? Looks like plastic or rubber bands are securing the headlights
to the sidelights ? All those lights might be necessary for rallying but I was trying to achieve a much quieter look. This 60's photo shows much smaller
spots. Might be factory or Nardi fitted as I think that car went to Nardi for engine work and maybe steering wheel change ?

[/quote]
I could be wrong but I thought it was a legal requirement that they are only wired through main beams.
Brian
8227  Cool
[/quote]

You could be right Brian. However the spots on my everyday Saab can be operated on dipped or high beam. The difference being that they are non adjustable
fixed lights and only illuminate a short distance from the front and side ( pavements ) so couldn't possibly dazzle oncoming traffic.
Spotlights on the bumper are adjustable and could be positioned to dazzle oncoming traffic. So, not sure what's legal.
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 01 November, 2018, 02:52:42 PM »

The odd setup with the headlights on the Mille Miglia car are stone guards that protect the headlight and sidelight together. The wire mesh is very fine so almost invisible in the picture.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 01 November, 2018, 04:21:23 PM »

As well as the mesh light guards there's a heated rear screen and an extra (spare?) wiper above the screen like Aurelias (and Astons) used to run in the 1950s. 

I do like those...  I guess it was in the days before wipers were reliable and/or effective at speed.  I've often pondered if the extra one was a car type or something more chunky that was fitted to a boat or aircraft.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #21 on: 29 November, 2018, 09:23:37 PM »

Very nice, i like your car a lot. Regarding wheels i painted my silver as i think they look better especially on a dark silver car. The next custodian can change them back to original. I have also seen red wheels on a red GT and it kind of works.  Grin 

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Flamfan

« Reply #22 on: 30 November, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »

I think I would do the same with a silver car. I wonder if changing the wheel colour was a no cost option when new ?
Especially as your car would have cost considerably more than an average house when new.
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #23 on: 30 November, 2018, 07:36:06 PM »

I believe that all Lancia wheels for all models of this era were painted the cream colour. Although cream wheels on a cream car really does look the part.

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 30 November, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »

I have an impression factory wheels were either ivory of silver but with the same colour as the body being an optional extra.
Flamfan

« Reply #25 on: 02 December, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »

I have an impression factory wheels were either ivory of silver but with the same colour as the body being an optional extra.

Yes, I found this post from a 2011 Alfa forum member.
' Something about the wheels: the right color for the standard Lancia wheel was Avorio Chantilly. The Lancia catalogue had the colored wheel as optional (35,000 lire).
As we know many customers choose the colored wheel in the same color or the body: Blue on Blue, Grey on Grey etc. etc. , but someone choose a different color.'

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd