Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:56:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good home needed for complete set of Viva Lancia! magazines!  (Read 3061 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« on: 13 November, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »

My need to part with cherished stuff moves on to printed papers. I have what I think is a complete set of all Viva Lancia! magazines from the first issue in February 1993 until say December 2017. There are about 300 copies, all in clean and good condition. They are stored in order, in six library boxes. Total weight is about 30 kg.

I am not looking for any payment, but I would like them to go to someone who will appreciate that this is an amazing collection of articles and information essential to understanding the marque and the club.

The sheer weight of all fills me with admiration for Jack Romano, who produced each copy, and sympathy for the postman, who delivered them!

Please contact me for more information. Half-way delivery can be possible.

Colin 
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 14 November, 2018, 11:35:58 AM »

I second that thought with regard to Jack.  I've happy memories of and huge respect for him from when I was writing bits and bobs in my Aurelia days.

David Laver, Lewisham.
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 07 January, 2019, 03:06:53 PM »

The magazines went to two new owners yesterday. I am pleased with the outcome – the older magazines went to Frank Gallagher and those for more recent years went to Vince D’Angelo. Forum members will know that Frank is the Forum Administrator and now a member of our illustrious (if somewhat secretive!) LMC Committee. Vince is the keen new club member and author of the article in the April issue of VL about driving his Fulvia Berlina back from Sicily.

In addition to the copies of VL, Frank was also given copies of the LMC Newssheets from 1984 through to the start of VL in 1993. So, in addition to acknowledging Jack Romano for producing all the VLs, recognition should also be given to Ted Gibbs, the Rudler brothers and Duncan Pendlebury for producing all those Newssheets!

The hand-over was a convivial one – over lunch (thank you!) during a break in the committee meeting at Gaydon. (Who knows, maybe we will get to hear what the committee is up to on our behalf?)  The attached photo shows the volume of the material, if not the weight of it! Happy reading!

Colin
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 08 January, 2019, 07:23:43 PM »

Committee - organising Goodwood, National Weekends 2019 & 2020 and NEC, plus some day to day business, simples as the saying goes, no secrets. I've done my six years in August, so volunteers will be being sought in due course no doubt.....

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd