Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:32:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spesso gaskets - are they worth it?  (Read 9858 times)
Neil Lewis
« on: 03 February, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »

Hi Fellas

The head gasket went on my 8 valve last Friday and I've now got the head off.  So now I need a new head gasket.  My old integrale only ever had standard head gaskets fitted and these seemed to last about 80,000 miles.

The gasket which came off has no sign of damage and the block and the head look fine.  The 20-year-old head bolts came out quite easily though so they'll be replaced.

So, given my new integrale is likely to stay with me for a while (and only has 48000 miles on the clock now) I'm considering fitting a Spesso gasket.  However, they're frighteningly expensive compared to standard so are they worth the money?  And where is the best place to get one?

Or should I just fit some uprated head bolts (and where do I get those)?

Quick answers required cos I want to put it all back together next weekend so it'll need to be ordered by Wednesday at the latest.

Cheers
Neil
j886atv

« Reply #1 on: 05 February, 2008, 09:22:53 PM »

Neil

Trevor Nicosia (who is an LMC member) has the rights to Spesso in the UK.

He can be contacted here http://www.nyssaracing.com/shop/index.php with regards to ordering.

I haven't used him myself, but he's well known in the club due his racing exploits with a Kappa Turbo.

HTH
Duncan
Neil Lewis
« Reply #2 on: 19 February, 2008, 10:59:59 PM »

I didn't really get a reply to my question so I bought one anyway.  I was going to buy the gasket from Trevor but Demon Tweeks are doing these on offer at the moment at £57.95 + VAT.  I get a discount so that came to just under £60 and the postage was shared with other stuff I bought at the same time.

The gasket looks superbly made.  It'll get it fitted this weekend but only time will tell if it lasts longer than a standard one.

Neil
Keith Large

2000 HF Pininfarina Coupe Injection

« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2008, 11:36:35 AM »

Hello Neil,
I cosidered buying Spesso for my rebuild, but the price is quite frightening, I rang Tanc Barratt and he has all gaskets in stock that I may need (even though mine is 1600 HF ie Turbo) and really cheap. Try him for bolts. He also has many integrales and Deltas as scrappers.
Keith

regards, Keith Large
member 1290,

I have a 1982, series 2, Beta Spyder 2000, also a 1974 year 2000HF Coupe Injection,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd