Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:45:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sport Bonnet Hinges & bonnet latching problems  (Read 2512 times)
michaelkaye
Lapsed

« on: 01 October, 2018, 09:28:59 AM »

Hi all,

Over the weekend I spent some time removing a lot of wax oil from the underside of the bonnet (the previous owner basically painted wax oil everywhere!).

To do this I removed the bonnet from the car. In doing so I noticed that there is a lot (and I mean a lot) of play/sideways movement in the hinges.

Is this normal or a result of wear and tear over the years. If the latter, what is the best way to minimise the movement?? (NB I've not actually had a look at the hinge mechanisms)

Related to this, after putting the bonnet back on, I then had terrible trouble getting the bonnet latch to lock. It's almost like the latch is too low. Anyone had any similar problems?

Thanks in advance, Michael.
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 03 October, 2018, 10:34:06 AM »

There should not be play in the hinges.   The latch is adjustable up down and sideways and can be quite tricky to line up properly.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
michaelkaye
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 03 October, 2018, 08:43:57 PM »

Thanks David. Time to look at the hinges I think! I’ll get  those sorted first and then I’ll have a look at adjusting the latch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd