Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:08:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Augusta seat material.  (Read 5030 times)
Raahauge

« on: 20 August, 2018, 05:27:41 PM »

I am having difficulty in matching the cord upholstery in my car.
The original wale (flutes per inch) is about 15 but I can only find cord (that is substantial enough) with 11 and and a rather darker shade than I would like.
Has anyone any ideas on suppliers for me please, I think I have tried the usual Italian sources but I am sure to have overlooked some.
Thanks
Mike
Kari

« Reply #1 on: 21 August, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »

Have you tried TRINCHERO?  They might have the original fabric for the Augusta upholstery, grey or beige. I got the fabric for my Augusta from there 5 years ago. Unfortunately I don't have  part numbers but samples if you wish.

regards  Karl
Raahauge

« Reply #2 on: 21 August, 2018, 07:02:18 PM »

No, I didn't spot them, many thanks, I will follow that up.
Mike
donw
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 22 August, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »

Mike

Have you tried https://www.martrim.co.uk/car-trimming-supplies/bedford-cord.php

Don

Don Williamson
Member 111 joined 26th July 1963
1917 Theta 2str
1926 Lambda torpedo
1930 Artena berlina
1933 Belna coupe
Raahauge

« Reply #4 on: 22 August, 2018, 08:08:13 PM »

Thanks, I have had some samples from Martrim, (very helpful on the phone and efficient at sending them) They are are however 11 wale like all the others I can find in this country.
I am being a bit of an anorak on this trying to match the original but that may ware off.
Most of Italy is on its hols till next week but I have emailed so I might still find something there.
There is lots of finer cord available but it is all too light duty for upholstery.
I will post news on how I get on.

JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 23 August, 2018, 06:37:46 AM »

They are are however 11 wale like all the others I can find in this country.
? What's that?
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 23 August, 2018, 05:17:43 PM »

Corduroy is a textile with a distinct pattern, a "cord" or wale. Modern corduroy is most commonly composed of tufted cords, sometimes exhibiting a channel (bare to the base fabric) between the tufts. Corduroy is, in essence, a ridged form of velvet. Both velvet and corduroy derive from fustian fabric.[1]
The fabric looks as if it is made from multiple cords laid parallel to each other and then stitched together. The word corduroyis from cord and duroy, a coarse woollen cloth made in England in the 18th century.[2] The interpretation of the word as corde du roi (from French, the cord of the King) is a false etymology.[3][4]
As a fabric, corduroy is considered a durable cloth. Corduroy is found in the construction of trousers, jackets and shirts. The width of the cord is commonly referred to as the size of the "wale" (i.e. the number of ridges per inch).[5] The lower the "wale" number, the thicker the width of the wale (e.g., 4-wale is much thicker than 11-wale). Corduroy’s wale count per inch can vary from 1.5 to 21, although the traditional standard falls somewhere between 10 and 12.
ben
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 25 August, 2018, 08:24:18 PM »

Well I never!!
I wonder if your trousers had the same wale as your seat whether you might get interlocked?
Raahauge

« Reply #8 on: 25 August, 2018, 09:24:59 PM »

Mr Lancia thought of that - the cord runs across the seats.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 26 August, 2018, 06:51:12 AM »

Mr Lancia thought of that - the cord runs across the seats.

Whilst that might make gaining access into and alighting from the vehicle easier it does lose the benefit of lateral restraint when cornering hard!!!
Raahauge

« Reply #10 on: 26 August, 2018, 06:47:07 PM »

The flutes run fore and aft, are quite pronounced and are double thickness at the sides, maybe I will be alright.
What are everyone else's seats like? Any info welcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd