Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:03:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3370 times)
Cassino

« on: 10 August, 2018, 06:52:24 PM »

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself.......my name is Ian Savage, and I live in the very corner of North East Hampshire.
About two months ago I acquired a very fine Series 2 Appia Berlina.C10.....1958 model.
I have been working on the front brakes with new re-lined shoes, seals in slave cylinders (4 on front, as I believe the drums have been uprated to 2 per wheel)and the VERY DIFFICULT to get at Master cylinder recon.
I have yet to bleed the system, and have fingers crossed that all will be well when its done?
I have a number of questions that I would like to put to the forum in due course, but first, do we know how many Appia owners are in the UK Club?

Delta Series 3. Appia Berlina Series 2.
Moto BM Zebretta. Moto Guzzi Leggera 65

Previous Lancias.
 Beta Berlina 1400,Delta 1300, Delta GT,Prisma 1500,Prisma 1600 IE, Dedra 1800, Dedra 2000.IESE.
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 11 August, 2018, 07:27:04 AM »

Hi and welcome !
There are a few of us around - some like me, overseas. I suspect that all of us have experience of the braking system because they do need maintenance .....
They work very well when sorted, but like any 60 yr old system can be prone to leaks. The good news is that all the parts are available either from the Appia Consortium in the UK or various Italian suppliers

If you scan the pages on the forum you will see that one of the key areas , especially with the later system, is sealing the unions on the back of the front plates. Even with annealed copper washers, or new copper washers they can be difficult to stop. I found softer aluminium washers helped

Bleeding the brakes is very straightforward - use the plunger and don't touch the pedal to start off with !

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #2 on: 11 August, 2018, 08:41:15 AM »

Hi Ian
Sounds like you will need to join the Appia Consortium. I have the honour of being in charge so get in touch and I can send you a membership form.
Jim Clarke
email appiasparesconsortium@outlook.com

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
Cassino

« Reply #3 on: 11 August, 2018, 10:01:47 AM »

Thanks Guys for your welcome......I am not new to Lancia ownership,my past portfolio of recent cars built in Turin,includes a 1400 MK1 Beta Berlina.....a couple of Deltas,a pair of Prismas,an 1800 Dedra,and a 2.litre SE Dedra.
My first car was a 1959 Fiat600......in many ways a budget version of the Appia...
I was most impressed with your saga of the reno.of your series3 Simon.....how did you find the time,???and running the vineyard,amazing work,well done.
My fingers are crossed re.the brakes,as I'm hoping the stop light switch will work,as taking that master cylinder off again will be a pain.
I had to remove one slave cylinder to free the piston, so just one banjo connection ,I used a new copper washer there.BTW,what washer type is used on the brass sump plug?......
The reason I asked about the number of Appia on the club ,is that "how many left"....web site
...does not include classics that are registered,but not taxed.

May as well ask another question.....what is your favourite engine oil?Don had said to keep well away from synthetics....

Thanks Jim, I'll e mail you re.Appia consortium....very useful.great.
Ian

Delta Series 3. Appia Berlina Series 2.
Moto BM Zebretta. Moto Guzzi Leggera 65

Previous Lancias.
 Beta Berlina 1400,Delta 1300, Delta GT,Prisma 1500,Prisma 1600 IE, Dedra 1800, Dedra 2000.IESE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd