Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:15:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia sport headlining  (Read 3221 times)
dogudon
Lapsed

« on: 24 January, 2008, 10:59:38 AM »

Who can tell me what the correct material is for my 1600 sport headlining, I cant believe that the rather nasty black felt stuff stuck on with aerosol glue that is there at the moment is right!

Don Warren  8933
1972 Fulvia 1600 sport r.h.d.
1956 Jaguar xk140 fhc
1996 M.B. E320 coupe
chrislg
« Reply #1 on: 24 January, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »

All S2 Zagatos had a black 'felt like' headlining which was stuck to the roof - which sounds like what you have in yours. When I had mine done, I changed the colour to a light beige which makes the interior so much lighter. I guess the reason they did that way was to maximise the headroom - which would have been reduced had they used the more traditional type of headlining with rods etc.

Chris
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 24 January, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »

when i first got them both the fulvia sports i have owned suffered from headlining material sagging as far as the tops of the front seats.one solution i have found giving  more permanent fixing and maintaining reasonable headroom is to fasten aircraft plywood[thin and light and flexible]almost against the roof skin and  between the roof structural members[two sheets reqiured fastened to the highest parts of the members].headlining material can then actually be marked and stitched to the ply with a suitable industrial sewing machine.one should  stitch so that the fasteners can be accessed once the complete assembly is offered up to the roof and leave an appropriate amount of material to stretch gently over the surrounding structure as originally fitted.obviously if drilling any roof structure be careful not to damage the roof skin.terry brown upholstery in maidstone make a good job of this work

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 25 January, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »

I had to go and check on my car before this post to see if the headlining had fallen down – it hasn’t! Richard’s use of plywood is very clever, but I wonder if one needs to go to that extreme.

When I took over my 1967 S1 Sport in 1995 it had the original headlining that had not dropped. It was a uniform snooker-table green colour and I thought that was the original colour until I started to strip it out to discover it was originally black. I had the new headlining made and fitted by Cedric Blackwell who was then based in Suffolk/ south Nortfolk and it was/ is wonderful. It’s lasted twelve years so hopefully he used the right adhesive. It’s black and I like it that way. I can find a phone number for Cedric if anyone is interested.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd