Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:57:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fulvia parts supplier in france  (Read 12077 times)
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 10 May, 2018, 01:28:04 PM »

Slightly sidetracking from a supplier in France I have bought a few things now from Ricambio in London - http://www.ricambio.co.uk/ - and have been happy with the service. When i spoke to them they said they are currently trying to get established in the Lancia, and especially Fulvia, market so have low margins. They do have an online purchase facility but also good customer service by phone. No connection, just a happy customer!
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 10 May, 2018, 02:30:24 PM »

I've had some bits from Ricambio as well and was very happy with prices and service (even with the postage to France)

Re Omicron, I have recently bought a couple of things from them as well. A RHD throttle cable for less than £20 and a speedo cable for less than £35 - both have vat and post of course - and with post here were still cheaper than most French suppliers.

NB Cavalitto do not sell RHD throttle cables !

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #17 on: 10 May, 2018, 05:33:15 PM »

Quite correct William,
The 'problems' as I described them are  dealt with efficiently and effectively by lots of spare parts suppliers for many other foreign makes and models of car. I just thought I would show some support for our main British supplier as if they weren't there we would have problems of a different sort. Also I know from experience that they do try hard to find their own sources of supply who are quite often cheaper than the European suppliers.
And as for advice - it is freely given by the team there who have a lot of knowledge.
Chris  

I wholeheartedly concur Chris, I am a regular and committed buyer from the main British supplier.
William

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 10 May, 2018, 06:51:04 PM »

Chris, you probably realise I wasn't criticising them as a company as like you I've always had first class service and advice from them. They are so 'on the ball' in other areas that there must be a reason why they leave the site as it is. I think I mentioned once before that they might prefer a phone call to make sure you know exactly what it is you want to either save you reading a problem the wrong way or to save them messing about with returns for the same reason.

David, I bought an exhaust section many years ago from Tanc Barratt and the price was so cheap I wondered what it would be like. I wouldn't be surprised if that was about 16 years ago now and it's still there. I also bought a middle section from Omicron many years ago too. It was so shiny when it arrived that I phoned to check they hadn't accidentally sent me an S/S one for mild steel money. They hadn't, but it must have been very high quality steel because it still looks good.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 10 May, 2018, 09:19:59 PM »

My impression of the "main UK supplier" is that they aren't primarily a parts supplier so that isn't their focus in business terms. Setting up the sort of on-line experience you get elsewhere would require a significant business development in that direction. They have also told me that the number of parts customers who are mistaken about what they need makes it preferable to have a conversation about it before getting involved in sending parts out and dealing with returns.
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #20 on: 03 September, 2018, 12:50:16 PM »

Just thought I would comment here that I have bought some parts from the French supplier, really quick service from them. I placed the order online on Friday before the bank holiday and the package arrived on Wednesday. Haven't fitted the items yet to be able to comment on the quality but they look good.
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 03 September, 2018, 07:12:39 PM »

Yes, I've used them since and they provide a good service. I noticed they also stock some rubber pieces etc that I haven't seen elsewhere.  At some point I'll get a Filter King from them.  They have the proper glass type and if you tell them the model they'll preset the pressure.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #22 on: 03 September, 2018, 10:28:26 PM »

Thanks for that tip - I've not got to the fuel system on mine yet. I've been concentrating on getting it to stop before worrying about making it go!
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #23 on: 18 September, 2018, 01:44:14 PM »

Another update from me, one of the items I bought from France was a hub nut removal tool for the front hub. Tried using it and one of the three lugs snapped off with the other two bending so wasn't very impressed. However, they have given me a full refund and done it promptly so at least the response to a problem was good which means I will be happy to use them again.

Now hoping the quality of the replacement tool I have bought from Omicron is better - it should be as it was about twice the price!
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 18 September, 2018, 05:26:19 PM »

Another update from me, one of the items I bought from France was a hub nut removal tool for the front hub. Tried using it and one of the three lugs snapped off with the other two bending so wasn't very impressed. However, they have given me a full refund and done it promptly so at least the response to a problem was good which means I will be happy to use them again.

Now hoping the quality of the replacement tool I have bought from Omicron is better - it should be as it was about twice the price!
same happened to me from our favourite UK supplier some 12 years ago. They (after some discussion) sent another out with an extra part - the steady bar, which worked perfectly)

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 21 September, 2018, 01:34:16 PM »

A number of 'Lancia' brand OE hub tools came with our latest Fulvia and I was impressed with the quality of these tools as compared to my existing ones which I bought in the 70's from non-OE sources.
Chris 

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd