Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
21 May, 2024, 04:10:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
 on: Today at 04:07:04 PM 
Started by Richard Fridd - Last post by lancialulu
Somehow I might have got mixed up with something else but I definitely  remember Vespa for something Fulvia...

Anyway  - more up market Mercedes Pagoda

https://parts.theslshop.com/mercedes-benz-sl-w113-pagoda-cotter-type-hose-clamp-kit/

on: Today at 03:16:03 PM 
Started by Richard Fridd - Last post by Richard Fridd
What a brilliant reply. Can't see any on the various websites though. It is 'the sardine tin' screw type which I would like.

Richard

on: Today at 01:53:42 PM 
Started by julian67 - Last post by julian67
New
S2 black, plastic covers (still in plastic covers)
2 clear, front indicator lenses
Stabilizer block rubbers
S2 Fulvia Zagato outer sill

Used:
Lots of trim
S2 master cylinder(21mm)
S2 steering lock + key
S1 chrome indicator arms (on column)
S2 indicator / light switches
S1 front bumper (one side has small dent)
S2 Fulvia Zagato aluminium grill
S2 Fulvia Zagato spare wheel cover (black)
Zagato rear black panels
S2  flywheel
Fulvia front map pockets
Fulvia dash dials (petrol / temp/ oil)

+ more parts

PM me if you are looking for a part.

on: Today at 01:10:48 PM 
Started by Richard Fridd - Last post by lancialulu
Vespa stockists but be sure to get the broader band

on: Today at 11:09:16 AM 
Started by lancianut666 - Last post by fay66
on the subject of not keeping fuel in your classic this may be ok if it is sufficiently  modern to have a plastic tank, but it is asking for trouble if it is a steel  tank. Steel rusts (just peer into any steel tank) in contact with moisture laden air (typical conditions for storage from autumn to spring), this leading to rust  getting into the fuel system blocking jets etc and rotting out the top of fuel tanks. I have always put my cars away with a full tank (near as dammit) when I am not using it. Never had any running problems 6 months later.
Tim,
I've always used E5 in 'Fay' without any additive since we were first forced to use it.
I now use the latest E5 98/99 octane and I'll never use E10.
The pre E10 E5 was never a problem , but we're now told petrol goes 'off"  and won't keep, but does this also apply to E5 now? as I usually keep the tank full over winter as well.
Brian
8227 Cool

on: Today at 10:12:59 AM 
Started by Richard Fridd - Last post by Richard Fridd
Does anyone here know where to obtain twist style /single use hose clips ?

Richard

on: Today at 07:27:10 AM 
Started by Keithver - Last post by Keithver
When changing down from 5th gear to 4th to overtake, my engine would splutter until I changed back up to 5th. I've just serviced the car. I see that the old plugs were Champion N9Y. on inspecting them they had all burnt pretty well. no indication of a rich mixture. I have fitted the specified N7Y plugs. Old and new plugs were set to 0.6mm gaps.
I took it for a drive and revved it to about 6000 rpm in all gears. I could not get it to splutter at all.
Just wondering - could the plugs make such a difference. I didn't fiddle with the carbs at all

on: Today at 07:04:20 AM 
Started by Keithver - Last post by HBG
It's an aspiration of mine to understand how gearboxes work.....Tim, next time you have one open, can I come and have a look?

on: Yesterday at 08:46:27 PM 
Started by Angle Grinder - Last post by Angle Grinder
Saw this whilst doing my weekly sweep for interesting rare parts and thought it might be of interest to some Delta owners:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126491651961

on: Yesterday at 07:05:07 PM 
Started by Keithver - Last post by lancialulu
So long as you don't push the synchromesh (no crunching of gears). It should be OK but look at the attached photo where the engagement teeth are missing. The synchro was so worn (made of brass so no evidence on magnetic plug) that crunching the gears just knocked the little teeth off - it is these teeth that transfer the power - when they are all gone you have no gear and a lot of shrapnel destroying the box.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd