Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
15 May, 2024, 02:13:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia indicators  (Read 151 times)
gtx60

« on: 13 May, 2024, 07:51:44 AM »

Hi all, I have a frustrating issue with my RH indicator on and not flashing when the stalk is up. Have checked earths, cleaned bulbs, replaced flasher unit but still stays on without flashing. LH indicator is ok. Any ideas please. Thanks
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:58:30 PM »

Not a simple solution especially from a long distance. I assume the flasher is of the old type and not a modern electronic one. However, if the flasher flashes OK with the LH indicator, and the RH indicator lights up, it means current is reaching the latter. This suggests that the problem is downstream of the flasher. Has the wiring been disturbed? If the RH indicator does not flash, it is likely that there is something like inadequate current supply insufficient to activate the internal circuit of the unit: is the bulb identical to the LH one? Have you tried to swap bulbs between left and right sides? Have you tried to remove the RH indicator and tested if it flashes when connected to a temporary ground? Clarifying these questions might help to solve your problem.

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
gtx60

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:30:40 AM »

Hi Andrea, thanks for your response. The wiring hasn't been disturbed. I will try the switching of the bulbs but I think it's a little bit more in depth than this. Typical Italian electrics!
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:51:59 AM »

In my opinion the late Fulvias (S2/3) may have more electrical problems than the early ones. Having said this, I should add that my Fulvias after over 50 y of regular service (and being unmolested) have not shown any electrical foibles with the exception of the lights unit on the steering column that is known to be dodgy. All my bulbs are still the factory fitted ones.

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd