Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
09 May, 2024, 11:06:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove trailing arm.  (Read 131 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 02 May, 2024, 06:00:40 PM »

I am battling to replace my rear wheel bearings.    I managed to fit a Sykes Pickavant hydraulic extractor and removed one wheel shaft with difficulty but the other side was so tight it broke the extractor leg(!).     It would be easier to take off the arm and put it in the press but, although I have disconnected everything and removed the bolt from the splined end and inserted a thin wedge into the gap so that the arm is actually loose on the splines of the torque rod, it will not come off.     Am I missing something?

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 07 May, 2024, 03:16:26 PM »

Hi David, I removed the whole rear sub-assembly before tackling the removal of the trailing arms. Which involved, removing the dangerous leaf spring and the wire-based ties, then the half circle clamping brackets followed loosening the outing torsion bar clamping bolt as well as the angled retaining clip (38-74208) and inner clamp for both torsion bar and surround cover (38-74033). Then tapping the arm off, can’t remember which end of the torsion came out first but it all came apart fine, if not a tad long winded.

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
brian
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:44:29 PM »

Bearing in mind my pre-alzheimers I might be wrong but I am sure that there was a source of very good info online from Australia and the name Nolly is drifting around in the depths. They were taken off but I did photocopy them all. Now these are in Vienna with daughter with car. I can ask but does anybody remember?

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:48:41 PM »

Noel MacWhirter had a lovely Aprilia site. Nice guy too....

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:30:01 PM »

David, I would do as suggested by Jay. It gives you a chance to check everything else and grease/rotate the training arm bearings as well. It is so much nicer to do on the bench as we are not getting any younger ....

Last time I looked most/all the silentblocs were available as well

I am sure you have the spring clamp - if not drop Tim Heath a line as the club tool is with him

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd