Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
08 May, 2024, 04:11:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: zagato 1300s  (Read 237 times)
AlpinaA4s

« on: 02 April, 2024, 11:59:38 AM »

Hello all,  this is my first post since joining the club.  In January/February I purchased TVG887 K chassis no. 8186912218 first registered 10th January 1972.  I had always wanted one ever since I first saw one parked in London in the 1980's.  It was parked behind Tower Bridge station (you could do that in those days)  A real Toad of Toad Hall moment.

Because we are having a new kitchen installed there has been a skip on the drive and so I haven't been able to use it at all.  The car has been sorned since 1996 and so has only done 34k.  Re-commissioning was done by the vendor but I decided to change the original fuel lines for something with a more modern spec to prevent future roadside problems.  All good.

The car will not start.  It tries to fire but will not run.  Both spark and fuel are present.  Whilst cranking it pressurised the water system, pumping coolant out past the rad cap.  The rad is still full.  Dip the sump, very little oil.  Obvious suspect head gasket.  I did read the sometimes the oil/water pump can give trouble, is this possible?

Assuming the worst is there a reliable engine builder in the north Essex area?
Is it the kind of job the a REASONABLY competent mechanic can do at home (except machining)
Can anyone supply any history for the car please?

This is not the relationship that I foresaw but it is what it is. 
Ho humm

lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2024, 01:54:03 PM »

Sent you a Pm.

Tim
Fulvia advisor

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator