Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 May, 2024, 10:15:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Offer of help to tune carbs  (Read 501 times)
HBG
Megaposter

« on: 05 April, 2024, 05:43:33 PM »

Someone very kindly offered to show me how to set up the Solex carbs......but I can't remember who it was and can't find it in a thread.

I'd like to take this person up on his offer......
Spider2

« Reply #1 on: 11 April, 2024, 06:24:58 PM »

I think it may have been me. Where are you located?
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 12 April, 2024, 06:50:35 PM »

I've sent a pm
OldSparky

« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2024, 05:03:59 PM »

Thought I would join this one in case someone has an obvious answer.

Took off carbs (Solex on an S1) to replace the rubber mount which appeared cracked from outside but was fine inside ( should have done it before purchasing new part) Cleaned carbs up a bit with carb cleaner but otherwise left undisturbed.  Put back with new gaskets and sealing compound on joint faces.  Now won't idle below 2000 and rising as gets warm.  Is an air leak the obvious answer as can't think where it might be.  Would cleaning of outsides cause problem due to turning carbs upside down?

Anyway any thoughts as due on tour in June.

nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 14 May, 2024, 06:11:21 PM »

I suspect you are right in thinking there is an air leak somewhere (not via the servo unless it is rallye S). Is the support bar correctly fitted so that the carbs don't flex over the rubber spacer? I never use gasket sealant. The small spheres in the carbs galleries are in place (didn't they fall out)? The carb mating faces are hopefully fine: if not dismantling may have introduced a leak previously covered by dirt. Did you doublecheck the accelerator bar? The rubber spaced may not be identical.

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:43:21 PM »

Check the new rubber spacer is not holding the throttle open a tad. Found with remanufactured ones this is a common problem….

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
OldSparky

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 10:08:16 PM »

Small spheres - oh dear  never saw any parts fall out - will check.
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:19:40 AM »

Small spheres - oh dear  never saw any parts fall out - will check.
if you did not take the top off the carbs the small steel balls/spheres will still be in place. These perform the the function of a one way valve for the throttle pumps and live under some brass “weights” that are held captive with 2 cylindrical caps (to the front of the float chamber).

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Keithver

« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:01:29 AM »

Thought I would join this one in case someone has an obvious answer.

Took off carbs (Solex on an S1) to replace the rubber mount which appeared cracked from outside but was fine inside ( should have done it before purchasing new part) Cleaned carbs up a bit with carb cleaner but otherwise left undisturbed.  Put back with new gaskets and sealing compound on joint faces.  Now won't idle below 2000 and rising as gets warm.  Is an air leak the obvious answer as can't think where it might be.  Would cleaning of outsides cause problem due to turning carbs upside down?

Anyway any thoughts as due on tour in June.

Dis-connect the rod (15) in the pic and see if that makes a difference to the idle - if it does adjust the end pieces until it is correct

* Capture.JPG (22.16 KB, 370x340 - viewed 48 times.)

'72 series 2 Fulvia 1,3s
OldSparky

« Reply #9 on: Today at 05:32:08 PM »

Thanks all - looks like its the new rubber mount plate as some have suggested.  Omicron should mention it as would have been easy to do with it off the car.  I will avoid references to the balls as what was OK for Round the Horne is probably not acceptable in 2024.  Showing age.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd