Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 07:57:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S1 Rallye S - No dipped headlights  (Read 2190 times)
motoloco

« on: 05 April, 2020, 11:49:13 AM »

Hello
I’m sure I saw a post on this topic when I didn’t have a problem, but I can’t find it now.

The dipped lights won’t come on on my S1 Coupe. Sidelights are ok, but selecting headlights on the dah pull switch gives main beam only, irrespective of the position of the column switch. There’s no click from the headlamp relay as the headlands come on, but it does click if the headlamp flasher is pressed.
I suspect the column switch, but don’t know how to test it?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.  I’m now going to try and rectify a charging problem on my old Moto Guzzi..... 

Nick
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 05 April, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »

I had a similar problem on my Appia which has a very similar switch arrangement. The solution was to remove the switch, cleaned carefully all the contacts (including those on the column) and checked they made effective contacts. Helpful to make a schematic diagram. It was OK after all that, Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
motoloco

« Reply #2 on: 05 April, 2020, 06:50:36 PM »

Thanks Andrea
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print