Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:52:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: engine mount - vibrations  (Read 7378 times)
josefewald

« Reply #15 on: 17 September, 2017, 12:39:12 PM »

Hello Ben,
the bearings came from THE source in Torino. Everybody here will know. But this quality problem of reproduced spares keeps chasing me... (now with the Flaminia).
Best
Josef

Aprilia, Aurelia, Flaminia, Fulvia
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 17 September, 2017, 01:15:59 PM »

Don't know about Aprilia, but in the Aurelia, the change to thin shell bearings, and a modern filter also called for changing the oil pump to the later series, higher capacity one. Wasn't a problem, tho.

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 17 September, 2017, 04:06:59 PM »

www.serdi.co.uk   and http://chaseengineservices.co.uk/ both do white metalling and all Vintage engine work.  I have used both and they both do work of the highest quality.   Serdi have worked on  my Lambda and my Aprilia and Chase on the Lambda.   I don't really see the need to put a modern filter on with shells - difficult in an Aprilia - so long as you change the oil frequently.   I have excellent oil pressure with the standard pump - never out of normale even when hot.   On the other hand, if someone would like to design an adaptor for the Aprilia???  Lambdas have been converted but that is much easier as there is already a nice big filter housing.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 22 September, 2017, 07:53:00 PM »

I've been running the Aprilia on shell bearings since the early 1980's without any problems, the oil pressure is excellent, but with any Aprilia you should change the oil regularly because the filter is not brilliant , shell bearings or no shell bearings

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd