Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:45:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding Spares on Ebay  (Read 3062 times)
Barry.Cook

« on: 27 September, 2017, 06:26:27 PM »

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I recently managed to buy a much needed air filter box on Ebay via a route I wasn't previously aware of.
Earlier this year I bought an air filter element for some off season maintenance. Trouble was when I split the air box I found a previous owner had butchered the internals and there was just a piece of foam acting as the filter. From then on I kept a look out on Ebay for a replacement air box without success. I was about to put an appeal on the forum when I decided to look on Ebay Italy. I searched under 'fulvia' and just scrolled through the pages and lo and behold, there on page 4 was a complete air box. Problem was my login wouldn't work on the Italian site so I  did a copy and on the item description and then pasted it into Ebay UK as a search. Of course it came up zero for the UK site but below the results bar were the results from other Ebay sites and there it was. I was able to do a 'buy it now' and the the deal was done. It arrived remarkably quickly too and with a little work it will be good as new and all for less than £50. This only works when the seller is prepared to post internationally but for me it was a result.

Regards,
Barry

Cars Owned
1972 Fulvia 1600 HF Lusso
1966 Triumph TR4a
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 27 September, 2017, 09:48:14 PM »

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I recently managed to buy a much needed air filter box on Ebay via a route I wasn't previously aware of.
Earlier this year I bought an air filter element for some off season maintenance. Trouble was when I split the air box I found a previous owner had butchered the internals and there was just a piece of foam acting as the filter. From then on I kept a look out on Ebay for a replacement air box without success. I was about to put an appeal on the forum when I decided to look on Ebay Italy. I searched under 'fulvia' and just scrolled through the pages and lo and behold, there on page 4 was a complete air box. Problem was my login wouldn't work on the Italian site so I  did a copy and on the item description and then pasted it into Ebay UK as a search. Of course it came up zero for the UK site but below the results bar were the results from other Ebay sites and there it was. I was able to do a 'buy it now' and the the deal was done. It arrived remarkably quickly too and with a little work it will be good as new and all for less than £50. This only works when the seller is prepared to post internationally but for me it was a result.

Regards,
Barry
Hi Barry I know you said the internals had been butchered, but by any chance was the baffle complete? As I know someone who needs one.

8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Scott
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 28 September, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »

ebay uses an initial 'Item Location' it calls Default which omits various overseas results. To get a similar workaround to Barry's you can override this by opting for 'Worldwide' instead via the search filters. Not all sellers want to ship overseas though and the postage in any case can be horrendous. I spotted a small item I needed for a hobby of mine that was a reasonable £15 ... but the postage was £26! Pass.
Looks like you had a good result Barry.  Smiley
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 28 September, 2017, 06:50:13 PM »

Watch out if you think of buying anything from the USA though because the duties can be almost as much as the item.
Barry.Cook

« Reply #4 on: 28 September, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »

Hi Fay,
          No sorry. All that was left on the inside was a sheet of perforated aluminium that was supporting the foam rubber.

Regards,
             Barry

Cars Owned
1972 Fulvia 1600 HF Lusso
1966 Triumph TR4a
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 28 September, 2017, 11:17:03 PM »

Hi Fay,
          No sorry. All that was left on the inside was a sheet of perforated aluminium that was supporting the foam rubber.

Regards,
             Barry
Thanks Barry.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator