Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:47:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petrol tanks  (Read 3373 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 02 September, 2017, 09:44:56 AM »

What is the capacity of a VIIth torpedo tank?    I have just filled Sheila to the brim and the gauge reads 12 gallons which I am not sure is right.  Comes to that, Mike, what is the capacity of an VIIIth Weymann Sports Saloon?

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 02 September, 2017, 10:57:03 AM »

My Lambda shows 68 litres on The Nivex gauge, which is almost exactly 15 Gallons
And after filling her up the gauge goes to that max figure!
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 02 September, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »

Trouble with that is the Nivex is infinitely variable by turning the knob on the back which varies the air resistance.  In the Profile it lists the capacity of the I - VI series tank as 13 gallons but nothing about the later cars.    How many litres do you put in your tank, that is the question!

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 02 September, 2017, 04:43:23 PM »

Ok, let's see:

Yesterday on the road in Italy I put in more than 60 l- however I have no access to the logbook now.

I then checked on the Italian Wikipedia page:

Serbatoio carburante
Capacità del serbatoio carburante: (tutte le serie) litri 68

This indication is the same as on all Lambda Nivex gages inscribed in liters I have ever seen, including a 1st series torpedo.
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 02 September, 2017, 05:39:29 PM »

I managed to get 69.8 litres in PO's tank once. Regards, John
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 03 September, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »

I guess that supersedes the Profile figure.  I'll adjust Le Nivex appropriately.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd