Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 05:40:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B21 rear damper setting/installation  (Read 2376 times)
Dikappa
Megaposter

« on: 17 May, 2017, 05:45:10 AM »

Is there anyone who can give me some information on the correct setting/installation of the original rear suspension dampers?
In the 'input' shaft of the damper there is a groove, I suspect this to be the marking that should align with the arm, but I'm not sure as my car had a weird houdaille conversion (with the shocks mounted on the suspension arm not very good setup with regard cto unsprung weight...)

I also wonder how the dampers should be setup (adjustable screw)

Many thanks!
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 June, 2017, 06:20:02 AM »

Koen,
I cant give you the answer you want but be careful! I have seen early Aurelias cars with the Lancia lever arm shocks where they have been set up incorrectly and the cast steel link arm from the damper to the vertical link is severely bent as a consequence.
Also the shock absorbers are fully adjustable for compression and rebound so its a bit of trial and error. They always seem to be a little soft for B20s to me whatever the adjustment but perfect for the ride of  Berlinas by the way.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd