Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 03:28:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magny Cours Classic Days 2017  (Read 1459 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« on: 03 May, 2017, 09:19:17 AM »

Hi All

We regularly stay near to Magny Cours circuit and noticed a few years ago they have a Classic Car weekend at the beginning of May. This year was the first opportunity I have had to visit, so went along on this last Sunday.

On the positive side, I thought the circuit was a great venue, well kept etc.

The show itself was in general a big let down. There were 7 parking areas for 'classic' cars, some allocated to clubs, some just generally for individuals. In theory each area was for specific country, e.g. Italian. The circuit was in use throughout the day for different classes of cars to be driven round which were listed in the free program. These included some pre war and later single seaters as well as others.

There were a reasonable number of spectators, not too many that you could not move and there was always room in the stands.

Also there were a few stalls selling parts and more selling models etc, definitely not an auto jumble.

The let down for me was the actual lack of 'classic' cars. There were far more recent American Mustangs and other recent Americana than any other type of car it seemed. In comparison there were relatively few old French cars such as DS, Taction Avant etc, the mainstay being quite a number of Renault Gordini 17 and other Gordini cars. Many of the cars appeared to be all just mixed in and there appeared to be few clubs attending as a group.

As to Lancia, I spotted 3 Integrales and 1 Fulvia Coupe, all very nice examples, but spread over a number of the parking areas.

As to one to take home, there was a really nice early 60s Corvette in light Blue, which looked like it just came out of the showroom.

I went with someone who had been previously a few years ago and her comment was that there were far fewer 'classic' cars than the previous time.

So interesting to visit, but not one for to revisit unless going for a specific purpose.

I would be interested in others views who have visited in case I was being too negative.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd