Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 April, 2024, 04:25:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: End of the boy racer  (Read 3075 times)
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« on: 30 March, 2017, 08:17:26 AM »

Hi all
Matron's car a Fiat 500C is in the garage getting a new gearbox fitted as reverse is sometimes impossible to engage so the local Fiat/Alfa/Chrysler dealer loaned us a Fiat 500 Abarth 595. It was very bumpy, noisy and did not feel especially quick (my daily drive is a 2 litre TDI Beetle) does it really have 165BHP? any way the garage wanted the car back and gave me a Chrsler Ypsilon with a 1.2 69BHP engine guess what I would prefer...the Ypsilon... smoother quieter and better on petrol also had 5 doors and more space in the back. Perhaps another testimony to Fiat unable to market Lancias in the UK? Suffice to say my boy racer days are over as I feel certain my next car will be an auto...now how much was that Porsche Cayman with the 7 speed auto box??
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #1 on: 30 March, 2017, 08:34:52 PM »

dagnabit the garage rang up this afternoon to say they wanted the Ypsilon back! I now have a bright orange Jeep Renegade

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2017, 07:36:14 AM »

I really like my Ypsilon, which I only bought on a whim because it was so cheap. I think they sold reasonably well in the scheme of things, but could have done far better. My friend always comments on how quiet and assured it is on the motorway. My only complaint would be that the very high gearing (for economy)means that if you do want to go quick you really have to think about it.

I'm setting off for a five hour drive to the South coast in it later this morning, and know that it will eat up the miles.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd