Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:26:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appia Photo Shoot and magazine Article  (Read 2101 times)
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« on: 30 March, 2017, 01:36:16 PM »

Hi All
I have had a plea for help in putting together a clutch of Appias for a magazine article see the info below
You may have noticed that I recently started a thread on the Appia page of the LMC forum about a possible article on Appias in AutoItalia magazine.  The idea was hatched when I was having lunch with Martin Buckley and Michael Ward after a Flaminia/Alfa shoot.  Martin rather likes Appias since he owned a SIII berlina briefly a year or so ago. He thinks that they provide much of the engineering quality, design ingenuity and driving pleasure that you get with more famous Lancias at a fraction of the cost.  We thought that it would be good to have a photoshoot with an example of each series - all berlinas.  We are aware that John Pressnell did a similar article in the April 1994 edition of "Classic and Sportscar" but that was a long time ago and a different mag.  Michael - the photographer - thought that ideally we should have a black SI, a grey SII and a white SIII but that's just a first thought.  As you probably know, Michael is a brilliant car photographer but he also now owns AutoItalia magazine outright and so has total control over presentation.  On the forum I asked if anyone would be interested in volunteering their car but, so far there has been zero response.  I find this surprising as such photoshoots are always an enjoyable day out and in this case would also provide an opportunity to raise the profile of these little automotive gems with the added benefit that owners get a DVD with high definition photographs of their cars by one of the best professional photographers in the field.  If you think the idea worth pursuing, could you possibly come up with some nominations of owners that might be worth contacting?  My SII (white) berlina is available, although we don't have to use it.
Best wishes and looking forward to the Newsletter
Anybody interested get in touch with me either through the forum or via my mob 07533655636 or email appiasparesconsortium@outlook.com
Clarkey
sounds like a great day out anyone want to lend me a running Appia....

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 30 March, 2017, 02:43:33 PM »

Hello Clarkey

I believe Charles Shelton has this in hand.

If you need Appias and are struggling then please ask me as press officer!

Thanks

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Charles

« Reply #2 on: 30 March, 2017, 03:52:42 PM »

Hi Tim, didn't mean to cut you out, Jim has merely copied an email that I sent him seeking his help as he has access to the list of Consortium members.  As of now, we have no nominations except possibly my own car.  If you can come up with a SI and a SII berlina that would be great. In any case, this thread really needs to be linked with the earlier one I started. Charles

Augusta berlina, Appia S3 berlina
Flaminia convertible 2.8 3c Touring
Beta spider S1 1600, Gamma berlina S1
Gamma coupe S1, Delta 1.6 multijet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd