Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
20 October, 2017, 10:46:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racing a Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v  (Read 1621 times)
Jaydub

« Reply #30 on: 02 October, 2017, 07:31:01 PM »

Well done, great result.
 As Tim suggested, you might consider a larger fuel tank. Presumably your tank is foam filled and has an internal swirl pot to stop fuel surge? If your car is better in the wet do you stiffen up the dampers and anti roll bars for the dry, which is the normal set up procedure?
Not preaching to the converted I hope.

1600 HF. S2.
Thurbs

« Reply #31 on: 04 October, 2017, 10:12:51 AM »

Thanks guys. I have a 80L ATL foam filled tank with two pumps and should be able to do well over an hour on a tank. I am competing the Birkett (team race over 6 hours) this year with 4 others and I am hoping to do a 72m stint.

The problem is you don't want any excess weight at the end of the race. Each kg costs time to brake, turn and accelerate again. We weigh the car before and after each session, compare against the base weight and then add fuel to suit. It is more complex than that as Petrol is lighter than water so you canít use the 1:1 conversion from weight to volume (Petrol weighs 0.75 gram per cubic centimetre).

You always push it and we pushed it too far. Next time we will make sure we have about 5kg spare rather than the usual 2kg and see what happens. 

Regards, Richard. | http://www.LanciaDeltaRacing.com | Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v Group A Race Car | Lancia Delta HF Spares Car | Renault Clio 182 Race Car | BMW M5 Comp F10 Road Car
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2015 Lancia Motor Club Ltd