Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a tip for owners of the latest Ypsilon  (Read 4541 times)
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« on: 10 December, 2016, 07:31:34 PM »

Had ours for a while now and while tracing why my rear screen washer is not working, following the pipework from the reservoir, on removing the big bit of rubber from under the driver's side bonnet hinge, I noticed the top of the front shocker was very rusty with water standing inside the cup.  The reason being that the drain hole under the outside wiper spindle is directly above it. So as it is not easy to get to without removing the plastic panel under the wiper spindles, I just dried it out and coated it with Waxoil. Now back to that b.... rear washer, tailgate strip down to get to the jet head I guess, I will let you know if I find anything.

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 11 December, 2016, 11:23:19 AM »

Further to my lack of rear screen washer.  I removed the rear wing to get at the jet but the problem is not there.  The jet and short part of the detachable pipe were clear and switching the pump on, no water got to the open pipe before the jet.  So next I took a look under the rear seat and oh dear, it looks like the water pipe has been bound up in the middle of the loom.  I had already looked at the pump behind the little panel in the OSF wheel arch and it did not appear to be leaking from there but the water level drops when I operate the pump so the water is going somewhere.  The next stage is get it up on ramps and operate the pump again.  Has anyone else had problems with their rear washer?

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 11 December, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »

Further to my lack of rear screen washer.  I removed the rear wing to get at the jet but the problem is not there.  The jet and short part of the detachable pipe were clear and switching the pump on, no water got to the open pipe before the jet.  So next I took a look under the rear seat and oh dear, it looks like the water pipe has been bound up in the middle of the loom.  I had already looked at the pump behind the little panel in the OSF wheel arch and it did not appear to be leaking from there but the water level drops when I operate the pump so the water is going somewhere.  The next stage is get it up on ramps and operate the pump again.  Has anyone else had problems with their rear washer?
use an air line to check pipe work??

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 11 December, 2016, 05:35:58 PM »

Thanks Tim, good idea.

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 28 December, 2016, 09:07:27 AM »

Chris

Just got round to checking the front strut tops on my car. I'd just washed it, so both areas were wet, but there was no standing water or rust. I wonder if something is preventing these areas draining properly on your car?

Neil

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd