Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:14:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seat belt options for S2 Coupe  (Read 6039 times)
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« on: 13 November, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »

I would appreciate some feedback from other Fulvia owners on seat belt options.  When I bought my 1973 S2 Coupe it had poor condition static belts in the front and rear.

My current thinking is to try to find new static belts with rigid stalks for the front, and to not fit belts in the rear as I don’t plan to carry passengers in the back.   I have considered inertia reel for the front but would prefer to use the existing mounting points and not have to modify my newly acquired trim.

Are there any MOT rules that I need to adhere to?  Also, does anybody have a recommended supplier of static front belts?

As always, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Previous Lancias: S2 Coupe and S3 Coupe in late 1970s
D5177_55A

« Reply #1 on: 13 November, 2016, 07:43:09 PM »

Have a look at these:

http://www.securon.co.uk/seatbelts_layouts.htm
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 13 November, 2016, 09:19:39 PM »

I had retractable belts re-made for my Y10 by these people http://www.safetybeltservices.co.uk/contact.html

I was very pleased with the service. Being local I was able to have them done whilst I watched and they even offered to stich in the original manufacturer's label to retain originality.
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 16 November, 2016, 01:29:58 PM »

Thank you both for the recommendations.  I think I'll go with the Securon 3-point static belts in the front and leave the rear without belts as I don't plan on carrying passengers in the back.  The flowchart on the "motuk" website seems to indicate that this approach would be MOT compliant.

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
GlynW

Fulvia S2 1600HF (1971)

« Reply #4 on: 16 November, 2016, 09:06:42 PM »

I have used Securon inertia reel belts (part 514/30) in my Fulvia but I found I could have done with a longer belt, so have gone back to the static belt on the drivers side.  I am not overly large, unless wearing a thick coat, but I do have my seat set reasonably far forward.  The passenger seat is set further back and the lap strap of the securon belts gives added security so I have left it.  Both were fine at MOT.

I do not know if longer Securon belts are available.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 16 November, 2016, 09:29:06 PM »

I have used Securon inertia reel belts (part 514/30) in my Fulvia but I found I could have done with a longer belt, so have gone back to the static belt on the drivers side.  I am not overly large, unless wearing a thick coat, but I do have my seat set reasonably far forward.  The passenger seat is set further back and the lap strap of the securon belts gives added security so I have left it.  Both were fine at MOT.

I do not know if longer Securon belts are available.

Glyn,
I fitted Securon Statics to Fay and I've had the same problem, although made to fit Fay they've always been too short, while the plastic piece covering the loose ends has snapped in two on the drivers side even though they are not treated roughly.
When I bought her there were static Irvin lap belts, but as I didn't fancy head butting the steering wheel in an accident, I changed them!

Brian

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #6 on: 16 November, 2016, 10:10:29 PM »

Interesting feedback!  My Fulvia had a static seatbelt on the driver's side and an inertia reel belt on the passenger side.  I'm collecting my new seats when i get back to the UK in December so will fit the passenger seat and re-fit the old seat belt to see what length it is before ordering from Securon.  If too short I'll look at other options.

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
GlynW

Fulvia S2 1600HF (1971)

« Reply #7 on: 16 November, 2016, 11:21:07 PM »

Having now looked at the Securon site, I see that there is a P/N 514/45 which has a 45cm stem.  That might be just enough for comfort,  even if the belt is the same length.

Glad I was in time to help, Norm.
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #8 on: 09 December, 2016, 05:27:47 PM »

I'm now back in the UK, so I've had a chance to measure the static belt I removed from my car.  The stalk is 30cm, and the maximum length of the belt is 260cm.  The Securon belt is 217cm max - so 43cm shorter.  I could use the longer stalk that you suggest Glyn, but not sure how it would look, and if it would be enough extra length.  I guess I'm going to have to reassemble and install one of the seats and seat belt in my car to see what length of belt I can manage with.  I'm medium height and weight so may get away with the Securon.  I'm picking my re-trimmed seats up from Bournemouth tomorrow so timing is quite good. 

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Colin

« Reply #9 on: 10 December, 2016, 11:25:20 PM »

Don't know if of any interest but some time ago bought boxed NOS inertia reel belts for my Beta spyder but never fitted them and sold the car but fairly sure also said suitable for Fulvia coupe.  Belts in my lock up so can check within a week or so if any interest-can't remember make but seem to remember one of well known belt companies.

Cheers,

Colin
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #10 on: 11 December, 2016, 10:01:47 AM »

Thanks for the offer Colin, but I'm keen to go with static belts so as not to damage my brand new trim.  If I can't find any of the right length I might come back to you to see if they're still available. Thanks again.

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd