Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 11:59:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: exhausts for fulvia s2 coupe  (Read 5667 times)
Richardb

« on: 21 October, 2016, 06:13:42 PM »

May want to/need to replace exhaust system on my 72 fulvia coupe. Any advice re mild steel or s/s and best sources/approx cost?
Many thanks

Richard
1972 Fulvia 1.3 s2
previous  family Lancias include 1982 Delta 1500, 1985 Delta 1600i.e, Betas x 3 1400, 1800 es, 1600 and HPE 2000i.e
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 22 October, 2016, 05:20:16 PM »

I was looking at exhaust options a while ago.  A couple of forum members recommended Imasaf steel exhaust systems.  I bought one but have not fitted it yet. It looks very well made and the service from the company I bought it from (on eBay) was very good.   If you type the word exhaust in the search box at the top of the forum page you'll see some previous comments on exhausts for Fulvias.  Also, if you search "Fulvia Imasaf" on Ebay you'll see their offerings.  I didn't find out the cost of stainless steel systems but I think they'd have been outside my budget.

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Previous Lancias: S2 Coupe and S3 Coupe in late 1970s
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 22 October, 2016, 09:45:49 PM »

I was looking at exhaust options a while ago.  A couple of forum members recommended Imasaf steel exhaust systems.  I bought one but have not fitted it yet. It looks very well made and the service from the company I bought it from (on eBay) was very good.   If you type the word exhaust in the search box at the top of the forum page you'll see some previous comments on exhausts for Fulvias.  Also, if you search "Fulvia Imasaf" on Ebay you'll see their offerings.  I didn't find out the cost of stainless steel systems but I think they'd have been outside my budget.
Stainless systems are a lot more reasonable to buy these days,and are worth the cost.
I bought a secondhand system from the downpipe as far back as the back box from Omicron about 12 years ago, that is still going strong, and I changed the back box to SS about 5? years ago, although Omicron supplied this via their usual supplier the bracket was on the wrong side, and the tail pipe angle was way out, so I had to have it cut and shut.
however this had gradually got nosier and I'm not sure how much longer I can use this before having in cut apart and have the insides replaced, if you listen to "Fay" on the Video clips of her on the Kop Hill Climb, you'll hear that while the engine note is rather nice, it is a bit loud, and frankly out of keeping with the Berlina.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richardb

« Reply #3 on: 25 October, 2016, 12:17:17 PM »

Thanks both, really helpful. Looked at exhausts on e bay and they look good. Despite the best intentions of finding time/developing skills have had to contract out current work. Have had the Fulvia for nearly 2 years so thought it was time to give it a bit of attention and lift its condition a bit. Currently also discussing the need to drop the engine etc to attend to some sub frame issue/leaking steering box and drive shaft seals. Having had fluids replaced and a bit of a tune up/brake checks. Also discussing replacement of rear leaf springs which are looking a bit sad, and  the discovery that at some point in the past 3 jacking points have been left off!

As a teenager I used to work at weekends serving petrol and cleaning cars at a lancia dealership so remember with fondness Flavias coupes and sedans, the full range of fulvias as well as then Betas and monte carlos. The owner was very trusting to let a 13 year old move and tend to his stock. Finally owning a Fulvia was completion of a moment when I sat behind the wheel all those years ago and promised myself one!!!

Richard

Richard
1972 Fulvia 1.3 s2
previous  family Lancias include 1982 Delta 1500, 1985 Delta 1600i.e, Betas x 3 1400, 1800 es, 1600 and HPE 2000i.e
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 26 October, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »

I have fitted a CSC centre box for my 1973 Fulvia coupe two years ago, when it arrived it was in stainless, from EB Sparesm in the UK, they are usually Alfa part suppliers but they deal with CSC direct so added my order to a shipment.  This is the CSC Fulvia page:

http://www.csc-marmitte.it/index.php?mact=Products,cntnt01,details,0&cntnt01hierarchyid=12&cntnt01returnid=62&cntnt01productid=269&cntnt01returnid=62

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #5 on: 26 October, 2016, 06:51:42 PM »

I bought a s/s system for my HF, had lots of problems with excessive noise from the rear box. Angry I had the rear box changed under warranty about 3 times, Sad the last one survived for less than 80 miles before becoming noisy again. Shocked I gave up and bought a mild steel rear box off ebay as mentioned here, fitted it and it now sounds like a Fulvia should do still after about 3k miles, well made exhaust  Smiley Smiley

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 26 October, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »

Mine has a mild steel rear box on S/S centre section, doesnt sound too harsh.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 28 October, 2016, 06:25:23 AM »

The S/S rear box will rot inside and produce a lot of noise. Probably the same can occur with the middle section,
Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 28 October, 2016, 07:06:09 AM »

Repeating what I said under a different 'Fulvia exhaust' thread, I find the Imasaf mild steel exhausts are well made, a reasonable price, fit correctly and give the 'correct' Fulvia noise which is not too harsh or noisy.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd