Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 12:50:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuse box information  (Read 12391 times)
GlynW

Fulvia S2 1600HF (1971)

« Reply #15 on: 11 October, 2016, 12:54:19 PM »

Hi Stephen, I have recently been through the fusebox of my own S2 1600HF and checked what is connected to each fuse.  [Fuse 1 is on the right and Fuse 9 is on the left]:

Fuse 1: Right-hand Front Sidelight; Left-hand Rear Sidelight; Left-hand Number plate Lamp; Reversing Lamps; Under-bonnet/hood lamp
Fuse 2: Left-hand Front Sidelight; Right-hand Rear Sidelight; Right-hand Number plate Lamp; Lights warning lamp; Instrument Panel Illumination lamps; Fusebox lamp; Boot/Trunk lamp
Fuse 3: Right-hand Dipped Beam (outer headlights)
Fuse 4: Left-hand Dipped Beam (outer headlights)
Fuse 5: Right-hand High Beam (outer headlights)
Fuse 6: Left-hand High Beam (outer headlights); High Beam Warning lamp
Fuse 7: Horn; Fog Lights (inner headlights); Radio; Interior Courtesy Light; Door-edge Courtesy Lights; High Beam Headlight Flasher; Clock (absent on 1600HF)
Fuse 8: Brake lights; 2-speed Heater Fan; Windscreen Wiper motor; Windscreen Washer motor
Fuse 9: Coil; instrument-panel warning lights (ignition, handbrake/brake fluid & turn); Turn Indicators; Horn relay (low current); Fog Light relay (low current); Fog Light warning lamp; Cigar Lighter

All should be 16A, except fuse 7 which may be increased to 30A (your choice) depending on how many additional lights and accessories you have on this circuit.  Fuse 7 should be fed by a 6mm2 (thick) live wire if the wiring has not been modified.  Fuse 9 is ignition-controlled.  Note also that the bottom terminal of each fuse should be the live side, except for fuse 9 where it is the top terminal (at least on my car). A lot of this is described in a downloadable document that I have deposited on the Lancisti website.  Sounds like you have a short somewhere in the sidelights, number-plate lights, under-bonnet or boot lights

Hope that helps,

Glyn
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 11 October, 2016, 07:20:32 PM »

Good job Glynn
 I agree it sounds like a lighting short as Stephen said the fuse blew when he flicked the light switch. Also according to his photo there appear to be white wires below the missing fuse which would signify Fuse No.1.on the right of picture. You didn`t mention the Heated rear window or Coolant Fan which are also supplied by Fuse No.9 on the wiring diagrams I have. Maybe different cars vary.
John

1600 HF. S2.
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 11 October, 2016, 07:26:55 PM »

The coolant fan on a S2 cars is located between the starter motor live battery lead and the fan itself, or do you mean in the car heater fan/blower which is permanently live, no ignition key required?
« Last Edit: 11 October, 2016, 08:51:33 PM by Neil » Logged

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
wildbunch
Lapsed

« Reply #18 on: 11 October, 2016, 08:16:50 PM »

Evening Chaps,
Fantastic information Glyn, that really does make it more clear and having another look at the fuse box tonight confirms yours and John's assessment on the fuse number (Number 1) that is. Will be hunting the lighting short down this weekend in the daylight and also giving the whole fuse box a well needed clean.

And thank you Neil, great to know another Lancia owner in West Yorkshire  Grin shame we don't have a club nearby.

1972 Lancia Fulvia HF1600 Lusso S2
GlynW

Fulvia S2 1600HF (1971)

« Reply #19 on: 11 October, 2016, 08:18:14 PM »

Thanks John.  The engine fan does not go through the fusebox, but is protected by an in-line fuse, close to the fan.  I forgot to look at the heated rear window when I removed the fuses, but the wiring diagram suggests that it should be connected via fuse 9.

There are a few minor items that are not wired according to the handbook 1600 wiring diagram.  One is the radio, which on my car is connected to fuse 7 and not fuse 8 - mine originally had an electric aerial which may have drawn more current than fuse 8 could safely supply and was probably installed after the car left the factory.  The other is the under-dash plug-in socket which connects directly to the battery via an in-line fuse, not to fuse 7.  Finally there is no glove compartment light, or indication that there ever was!

I am sure different cars will vary in some details, but this will probably affect those items installed at the dealers or after sale,.
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #20 on: 11 October, 2016, 09:06:25 PM »

Hi Neil, Glyn,
Agreed the radiator fan is supplied with battery voltage from the starter motor via an in line fuse, but it would not work without the relay which is supplied with Ignition feed via Fuse 9 to pins 2 of the Horn and Fan  relays and earths the fan motor when the radiator switch closes and latches the relay contacts between pins 1 & 2 .
John

1600 HF. S2.
GlynW

Fulvia S2 1600HF (1971)

« Reply #21 on: 11 October, 2016, 09:47:22 PM »

Absolutely, and it looks like it is considered good practice to put the high-current and low-current sides of the relay on separate fuses, and make the low-current side ignition-controlled.
Another feature that caught my eye was the arrangement of the lighting fuses.  Losing a single fuse always leaves a light on each side and at the front and rear.
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #22 on: 12 October, 2016, 10:22:24 AM »

Absolutely, and it looks like it is considered good practice to put the high-current and low-current sides of the relay on separate fuses, and make the low-current side ignition-controlled.
Another feature that caught my eye was the arrangement of the lighting fuses.  Losing a single fuse always leaves a light on each side and at the front and rear.

Forward thinking,at a time when British cars were lucky to have more than 4 fuses in total!

Enjoyed your input Glyn.

John

1600 HF. S2.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd