Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:05:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Delta is finished!  (Read 7306 times)
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« on: 20 November, 2007, 05:33:14 PM »

For those of you who have followed the saga, I have today had the phone call I've been waiting for these last two years.  My car is complete, all bodywork, all mechanical work, with an MOT (Could be  Grin or  Shocked depending on your POV...).  All that remains is for me to pick it up and to pay for the last part of the work (definitely  Undecided and  Cry ).  Coming to a show or meeting near you soon - no more do I have to turn up, ashamed, in a vile grey BMW...  I'm confidently being told that I now have the best (and probably the most expensive...) 1.3 Delta in the country (I know, its a small pond).  Just missed NEC 2007, but already pencilled in for NEC 2008, where I hope we might have it sitting proudly alongside a member's pristine new Delta HPE.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 20 November, 2007, 07:05:11 PM »

well done, i hope it brings you much pleasure. Don't feel bad about the two years, my car didn't really need so much work and its entering its 7th year at the moment.....
toby2449
« Reply #2 on: 21 November, 2007, 08:13:13 AM »

i got very worried for a moment when i read the topic title!!! I thought you ment finished but not in a good way!! Congrats!!! & don't forget to show some pics!
lee69
« Reply #3 on: 21 November, 2007, 12:31:54 PM »

Congratulations Chris...at last!  I'm looking forward to seeing it soon.  I'll be in touch to arrange a time to come over and a have a Giro planning session.  The Ypsilon's now tucked up in the garage for the winter, until my business makes me some spare cash to pay for the welding and MOT.

Lee
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 21 November, 2007, 12:51:47 PM »

Well done Chris .... looking forward to seeing it in 2008 on the Giro if not before. Please stick some photos up on flickr and it goes without saying we'd like to see an article in VL!

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 01 December, 2007, 10:13:53 AM »

Ar$e.  Our beloved Post Office can't manage to deliver post from the neighbouring county posted first class on Thursday.  So I have no MoT certificate, so I can't tax the car, so I can't pick it up - until next weekend at the earliest.  Ordered the tax online now, so watch them fail to deliver the disc...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #6 on: 01 December, 2007, 10:27:26 AM »

What a pain.One overcomes countless obstacles to be held up by something so frustrating. Nevermind, "a week is a short time in motoring"

and that's how you write A..se?. I had to write "ass" the other day because the system wouldn't accept the good english version.Looking at some of the posts in the warby lounge, I'm amazed it blocks this common element of the english language.
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 01 December, 2007, 08:50:18 PM »

But you should see my lovely, tidy, clean, EMPTY garage...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 08 December, 2007, 05:40:58 PM »

Not empty now - just get a load of my avatar!  Started first time, tanked up the M5 at 70, looks wonderful, and the fogs look really mean!  Chuffed... Grin

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 08 December, 2007, 07:36:14 PM »

Looks lovely - well done!

And the change of avatar is most welcome. Stay on it.

Colin
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 08 December, 2007, 11:20:49 PM »

I used to own a 1987 Delta 1300LX (in 1987). It was a lovely car in a kind of blue green colour. I remember it had a terrible steering lock and the throttle cable once became 'live' resulting in some strange electrical issues. Apart from that I really loved it. One day in very bad rain I was travelling too fast downhill on a straight stretch of carraigeway. The Fiesta in front slammed on her brakes misjudging how far ahead the traffic lights (which were still green) were. I had a choice, go left and die, go right and probably die or see how strong these cars really were and keep straight ahead. Not that bad damage I must admit. The Fiesta was a write off but I could have driven home but the impact broke the distributor cap (along with the bumper, 1 headlamp plus a few other bit and bobs). As I was 'in the trade' I rebuilt the car using a new bumper from a HF4WD, twin headlamps, and grille to suit, plus a new set of pepper pot alloys. From the front the car looked like a proper RHD HF4WD. A set of side shirts completed the picture. I also upgraded the brakes with rear calipers and discs.
The guy who bought the car from me years later had terrible trouble trying to get rear pads as the spare parts people kept telling him his car should have drums. 
Anyway, congrats on your car, the humble Delta seems to be ignored in favour of the 4WD versions. Plus if you need it I think I still have the LX grille badge.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
m tulloch
Megaposter

« Reply #11 on: 09 December, 2007, 07:51:55 PM »

Great to see someone spending money in keeping a 1300 on the road. We used to have one a few years ago until it died of rust. Is still my wifes favourite car ever.
Changed the avatar to suit!
Harvey
« Reply #12 on: 10 December, 2007, 05:05:36 PM »

I think I'll join you in having a red Delta as my avatar. This was my HFie back in 1997...
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 11 December, 2007, 12:15:46 PM »

Yep, I've swapped too ! This is mine in Sept '07 in Covent Garden Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 11 December, 2007, 09:04:50 PM »

I must dig out old photos of my red Delta 1300 if only to show comradely support. I thought it was a nice car too.

Colin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd