Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:09:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indicator Switch  (Read 3460 times)
M40evo

« on: 25 September, 2016, 10:50:35 AM »

Hi all,
I have just acquired a 1600HF (early S2) and rejoined LMC. I have a query on the indicator switch, which may have been dealt with way back on the Forum, or other members may have previous experience of the same problem.
It stems from the fact that there is something in the mechanism in the column stopping the indicator switch from working. It will go one way but not the other. The auto-electrician has got the car through the MOT by making it non-self-cancelling but I don't want to treat this as a permanent solution (memories if Citroens as recently as the 1980s), and he thinks it is something in the self-cancelling mechanism that is stopping it working properly, Does anyone have previous experience of this problem? And if I need a new mechanism, where will I get one?
The electrician has gone on holiday for a week and I would like to be able to offer him some suggestions when he gets back. Any ideas gratefully received.
Peter
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 25 September, 2016, 12:17:31 PM »

Well done on your acquisition!
These switches are quite complicated and the indicator bit is prone to wear and will need dismantling to determine the cause. Various bits may just have worked a bit loose and this can contribute to a sloppy jamming lever. It is not something that an auto electrician would venture to repair IMHO. When dismantling best do this in a large clear polythene bag to catch all the bits....

New ones are not readily available and good second hand ones may still be worn (out). I believe Omicron offer a reconditioning service but and not aware of the cost or lead times.

Not sure where you are located but I may be able to offer a second hand unit but only if necessary.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 25 September, 2016, 12:30:49 PM »

Two in my autojumble

* indicator.jpg (63.05 KB, 640x480 - viewed 776 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
M40evo

« Reply #3 on: 25 September, 2016, 06:35:54 PM »

Thanks to both of you, an excellent start. If you actually have a switch Richard, I might buy it from you so that I have a replacement available if disassembling the existing is going to lead to the discovery of a broken component or other unhappiness. Do you know if the different connectors are for different Series?
Peter
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 25 September, 2016, 07:49:34 PM »

These two were photographed in my store today and were spares for my S2 fulvia coupes. Others here may be able to advise regarding compatablity with your car. These are in my autojumble stock @ £40 each including UK post. Richard 07957292127 (other remaining Fulvia parts are in the'Spares for Sale thread'

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
M40evo

« Reply #5 on: 26 September, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »

Richard,
I will call you this evening.
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd