Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
23 October, 2019, 10:25:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto Express - Lancia in 2008  (Read 885 times)
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« on: 14 November, 2007, 11:53:25 PM »

Rather corroborating what I've read in Autocar, the latest issue of Auto Express has a 'new cars for 2008' supplement, including a short piece on Lancia.  The Delta HPE is pencilled in for July 2008, with a possible UK launch at the British Motor Show at EdExcel (which may force me to attend this excuse for a show which should still be at its proper home at the NEC  Angry).

Perhaps most interesting is the projected starting price for the Delta of 14k, well below the projected price for the new Alfa 149, due according to Auto Express in the Autumn of 2008 (or 2009/10 if you read Autocar...) which is mooted to be a 20k ask (and if you ask me, is overpriced at that level).  At a 14k starting level, that does mean competition may not be so much with the A3 and 1 series on price, but perhaps the Golf and Civic.  That's fine by me - the 149 is pricing itself out of my company car allowance at that rate, certainly by the time I get a diesel with decent spec.

The article also suggests the Musa and Ypsilon in 2009 (again differing from Autocar, which seems to suggest a RHD Musa alongside the Delta in 2008).  Fiat and Alfa dealers are being suggested for sales - again contradicting what we have heard earlier about limited distribution through approved Alfa dealers only.  But like others on here, I'm waiting for the first invitation to a dealer's cheese and wine launch for the Delta...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2018 Lancia Motor Club Ltd