Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:44:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: '72 Fulvia Sport play in nearside steering pivot point  (Read 7714 times)
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 08 September, 2016, 10:52:24 AM »

I confirm that the idler box should be removed to extract the arm. Because of its conical shape, a standard puller will just slip away from the arm and in fact Lancia had a special puller for this job. The same tool was used on the Flavia. Quite difficult to find nowadays: a picture can be seen at http://lancia.co.za/article/Flavia/Flavia+Saloon+1.5/Tool+LANCIA/8062024.html. This does not seem the original tool that I got (a very long time ago) in my garage, but it will probably do the job. Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
kevbo
Lapsed

« Reply #16 on: 15 September, 2016, 06:27:52 PM »

Thanks for all the help everyone, my car passed it's MOT today.  The headlamps were an easy fix, I hadn't realised there was a slider on the lamp housing for right hand/left hand traffic.  I've replaced the two joints on the outer arm and adjusted the idler arm.  Also, the tracking has been done.  I'm expecting at some time to renew the idler bush as described in the posts but for now I'm driving a Lancia again.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd