Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 10:09:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New HF Turbo owner  (Read 17657 times)
Evo1
Lapsed

« Reply #15 on: 08 February, 2016, 03:43:35 PM »

i use Silkolene, now called Fuchs Titan Pro R 15W-50 in my Evo and other turbo cars, not cheap but superb oil, ideal for older milleage cars and it's a nice colour  Grin, i would avoid using anything that's too thin
Andy D

« Reply #16 on: 08 February, 2016, 09:03:03 PM »

I use Mobil 1 10w60 for my HF Turbo on the recommendation of Auto Integrale a few years ago.

http://www.mobil1.co.uk/synthetic-engine-oils/extended-life-10w-60.aspx

Nice car by the way Adam and thanks for your PM - there will be a message heading your way very soon. Smiley

1990 Delta HF Turbo i.e.
adamf
Lapsed

« Reply #17 on: 09 February, 2016, 02:35:01 PM »

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Will look into getting some Mobil 1.

Fitted the alternator last night, what I mean is that my talented mechanic fitted it.
We managed to get it out from above by removing the coolant expansion tank and a few cables.
Only had to go underneath to to undo the main bolt or the tensioner I can't remember.

Thanks for your message Andy, expect a reply soon!

Car drives lovely for it, the voltmeter on the dash is giving much lower readings than before so I assume it will need resetting with the tweezers, a job I'm not gonna rush into.

Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 19 February, 2016, 10:38:07 PM »

Hi Adam,

Welcome to LMC and the Forum - nice car. Had one myself some years back and absolutely loved it.

Don't know where you are in London but we have a Kent/Sussex Border meeting last Tuesday in the month at the Nevill Crest and Gun Tunbridge Wells. We have a couple of Delta HF Turbo owners who turn up from time to time and a Delta 4WD owner who comes to every meeting. You'd be very welcome to join us. Next meeting is next Tuesday 23rd and details are here  http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7243.0

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
adamf
Lapsed

« Reply #19 on: 25 February, 2016, 02:37:10 PM »

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply, I'll try and make the meet at some point. Its been a busy couple of weeks with work.

Will try and make the next one!

Gonna change the oil/filter and coolant in the next few days, any clue what size the allen bolt is for the sump plug? Is there a washer that
needs replacing?

How many litres of coolant is required? I'll buy the readymixed blue stuff.

And as previously mentioned the coolant bleed is on the top of the rad?

Adam
« Last Edit: 25 February, 2016, 02:41:46 PM by adamf » Logged
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 26 February, 2016, 11:25:07 PM »

Hi Adam,

Look forward to seeing you at one of our meetings soon. Last Tuesday the only Lancia that turned up was a Delta HF Turbo! and the FWD owner was there as well.

Next meeting is 29th March. If you email Alison Ure (alijoure@hotmail.com) she'll put you on the list for notification of our meetings.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
adamf
Lapsed

« Reply #21 on: 01 April, 2016, 05:44:24 PM »

Hope you're all well.

I've decided to garage the Delta for a little while whilst I find a good trust worthy restoration/bodywork guy. I just felt that driving it around London for work with the boot full of stuff was a bit ridiculous for such a rare car, only a matter of time before someone goes into it. Sadly the way of my ex 205 GTi, don't want a repeat.

If anyone can recommend a good restorer/bodyshop who aren't scared of a bit of Lancia rust in Yorkshire I'd appreciate it. Found the most amazing mechanic yesterday about 20ft from my parents house. Old school, loves the delta and knew his way round it! Said he much prefers working on the older stuff. Charged me £30 to drop the engine oil, filter and flush the coolant out.

Given her a full service, hoover, wash, polish and wax before she gets tucked up.

neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 02 April, 2016, 08:56:08 AM »

Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you thinking? It's a big place!

Over the years I've found several good old school garages around Bradford, including the one who did my MOT last week, but I've yet to find a good welder/body shop.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
adamf
Lapsed

« Reply #23 on: 02 April, 2016, 06:42:32 PM »

I'm in West Yorkshire but I'm happy to travel for the most suitable person!

Any suggestions let me know.

Adam
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 03 April, 2016, 12:39:49 PM »

Deltaparts in Batley have been recommended to me in the past;

https://deltaparts1.wordpress.com/

This was when I was going to have the front screen surround fixed on my previous Beta. I subsequently got hold of another Beta, so never approached them. The back screen will need fixing on my new Beta at some point, so I would consider approaching them re that at some point.

They certainly seem to know their Deltas, but given that it is mostly fixing Evos, I don't imagine that their work is cheap.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
adamf
Lapsed

« Reply #25 on: 21 August, 2016, 01:47:50 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation, will give them a shout.

Been a little quiet on here, Delta has been sitting in a garage in Yorkshire past few months. Daily driver is having a bit of work done on it so might get it out for the next month, really missed driving it!

Hope everyone is well

Adam
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd