Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 11:43:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Delta HF turbo ie Restoration  (Read 80281 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #135 on: 12 October, 2018, 04:22:54 PM »

A work of art.  Also like the photo on the shiny surface.

David Laver, Lewisham.
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #136 on: 12 October, 2018, 05:11:26 PM »

New parts look great Rob, that new nylon brake lever bit you've made is mega, well done on engineering that yourself  Wink

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Rob
Megaposter

« Reply #137 on: 12 October, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »

Thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it  Wink. When you can't get hold of certain parts you just have to make them, as you know well Kev! Yesterday some circlips I had ordered arrived through the post so I reassembled the tie rods & braking mechanism back on the cross member ready to be put back on the Delta.

* DSCF3623.JPG (672.81 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 405 times.)
« Last Edit: 29 May, 2019, 10:48:39 PM by Rob » Logged

Rob MacFarlane

1988 Delta HF turbo ie
2000 Fiat Coupe 20v
1987 VW T25 Camper
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #138 on: 12 October, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »

Yes, I do know mate, why I can appreciate how well made that bit is  Wink

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
tzf60

« Reply #139 on: 12 October, 2018, 06:47:05 PM »

You have every right to feel chuffed, Rob  Smiley
The new part looks the biz......when you're that good, why would you even consider the 3D printing quote of £1200!!!

Tim

1939 Series 1 Aprilia undergoing very slow restoration.....

Previous Lancias: 1979 Beta Sedan 2000, 1982 Delta 1500, 1988 Delta 1.3, 1992 Dedra 1.8ie
GREENYORKIE

« Reply #140 on: 20 October, 2018, 12:19:07 PM »

Hi Rob, I have read all your posts with interest as I have recently taken on an '88 Turbo which a friend started many years ago and really needs finishing and putting back on the road. He has done all the bodywork restoration and painting so I will tidy up the underside and sort out some electrical faults. I was interested to read that you have replaced the brake calipers and balance valve and would be interested in knowing where you sourced them from?
Many thanks,
David.
« Last Edit: 04 November, 2018, 09:30:22 PM by GREENYORKIE » Logged

Evo1 1992, Delta HPE HF 1998, Beta coupe 2000,1983.Audi TT. Delta HF Turbo,1988.
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #141 on: 28 November, 2018, 10:58:16 PM »

Rob, question you may be able to answer as I see you've done it recently and I took mine off a year or two ago....the pillar trim that goes down the windscreen side to connect with the gutter trim, does it have a seal and if so what does it look like!
I've found the long gutter ones but can I heck find any for the windscreen pillar trims, assuming there was something behind the metal trim or the water will just run everywhere  Huh?

Joys of taking stuff apart about 3 years ago and not being organised enough back them to store stuff properly!
Saying that though I bet it wasn't that long ago I took them off....just the memory isn't what it was!

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Rob
Megaposter

« Reply #142 on: 02 December, 2018, 07:40:42 PM »

Hi Rob, I have read all your posts with interest as I have recently taken on an '88 Turbo which a friend started many years ago and really needs finishing and putting back on the road. He has done all the bodywork restoration and painting so I will tidy up the underside and sort out some electrical faults. I was interested to read that you have replaced the brake calipers and balance valve and would be interested in knowing where you sourced them from?
Many thanks,
David.

Hi David,
Sorry for the late reply I haven't checked in on the forum for a while. I sourced the front & rear brake calipers from Autodoc which is a german company. The fronts were fairly easy to acquire but the rears took a bit of patience & I had to wait until they had them in stock. Alternatively you can have the original brake calipers reconditioned by a company called Big Red (as long as you still have them!). Hope that's helpful but if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask  Wink.
Cheers,
 Rob

Rob MacFarlane

1988 Delta HF turbo ie
2000 Fiat Coupe 20v
1987 VW T25 Camper
Rob
Megaposter

« Reply #143 on: 02 December, 2018, 08:25:12 PM »

Rob, question you may be able to answer as I see you've done it recently and I took mine off a year or two ago....the pillar trim that goes down the windscreen side to connect with the gutter trim, does it have a seal and if so what does it look like!
I've found the long gutter ones but can I heck find any for the windscreen pillar trims, assuming there was something behind the metal trim or the water will just run everywhere  Huh?

Joys of taking stuff apart about 3 years ago and not being organised enough back them to store stuff properly!
Saying that though I bet it wasn't that long ago I took them off....just the memory isn't what it was!

Hi Kev,
Yes I know the seal you're talking about, it's similar to the one that goes between the roof gutter the aluminium trim although the design is slightly different. Keep looking for it as I'm sure it will turn up eventually. I've misplaced parts for months & thought I'd lost them then they turn up when I'm usually having a tidy up / sort out  Wink.
Cheers,
Rob

Rob MacFarlane

1988 Delta HF turbo ie
2000 Fiat Coupe 20v
1987 VW T25 Camper
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #144 on: 02 December, 2018, 08:55:07 PM »

Hi Kev,
Yes I know the seal you're talking about, it's similar to the one that goes between the roof gutter the aluminium trim although the design is slightly different. Keep looking for it as I'm sure it will turn up eventually. I've misplaced parts for months & thought I'd lost them then they turn up when I'm usually having a tidy up / sort out  Wink.
Cheers,
Rob

To know there is a seal is worth a lot Rob, I assumed there must be although I can't for the life of me find anything that looks likely.
I took the A pillar trims off at Jims' where I did the welding, so the seals must have come off there, so I will retrace my steps and look through everything that came off back then.

Appreciate the answer, and for letting me know it's similar to the roof gutter one helps

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Rob
Megaposter

« Reply #145 on: 03 December, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »

That OK Kev, glad I could help  Wink. Hope you find them soon  Roll Eyes.
Cheers,
Rob

Rob MacFarlane

1988 Delta HF turbo ie
2000 Fiat Coupe 20v
1987 VW T25 Camper
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #146 on: 03 December, 2018, 10:00:21 PM »

Had a good look in the shed tonight mate, no sign of them being in there.
Trouble is they could also be in the loft from when I left Jims' place and brought some bits home, in either of 2 workshops where the car now is, or in any of the many boxes containing parts  Huh?
Were they the same sort of stiff plastic like the long gutter trims or more rubbery? That little bit of info should help determine where they are not....  Roll Eyes

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #147 on: 04 December, 2018, 10:00:29 PM »

Think I may have found one Rob....what do you reckon?

* IMG_20181204_214847.jpg (3186.15 KB, 4160x3120 - viewed 366 times.)

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #148 on: 04 December, 2018, 10:02:26 PM »

Sorry for hijacking your thread, hope you don't mind too much, just not a lot of people to ask!

I'll be up at the car tomorrow afternoon so I'll check this seal for fitment, has the right curvature.
The profile looks like it'd kind of work too...

* IMG_20181204_215124.jpg (3196.42 KB, 4160x3120 - viewed 443 times.)

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Kevinlincs
Permanent resident

« Reply #149 on: 05 December, 2018, 11:18:19 PM »

Last hijack Rob...

Was all set to take the seal to the unit to try on the car when I got a call from Jim, where I'd done all the welding.
I'd asked him to check to see if there was anything left where I did the car, he'd already looked a couple of times but for whatever reason he had another look and found a trim piece that he said looked like it might do the job.
Picked it up from him and blow me, the exact copy of the one I'd found, apart from curving the other way! As it was found where I'd put the A post trims then it just had to be the right pair....which this afternoon I confirmed it was.
Happy days, these things turn up eventually as you say  Cool

Flavia 815 coupe
Dedra turbo
Delta integrale
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd