Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:47:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia B10/B21 indicator switch  (Read 5576 times)
Dikappa
Megaposter

« on: 24 May, 2017, 11:06:11 AM »

Dear all,

I'm looking for an Original B21 indicator switch.  It is another type then the one used in the B24 and Appia Furgone.  It has only four connections, but also spring-returns to central position.  I just discovered that the B21 system is again (why I'm not surprised...) completely different from the one in the Furgone/B24, that incorperates the whole system and has many more connections....

Would be much safer as with my state of mind I probably will be winking from the first turn till arrival as it is now...

Anyone?

Many thanks

Koen
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 24 May, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »

Hello Koen,
I probably have one of these so will check on my return home next week and send you a photo.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 25 May, 2017, 05:11:12 PM »

Thank you Chris, love to see how it should look. 

In the mean time I thought up a plan B by modifying an incomplete switch I have here to become self centring, and using some additional mini relays to take over the contact, canceling them with the column switch.  Ordered some micro switches this morning...

I really need to adress this issue before leaving for Saint Valery sur Somme, plan C wel be to have a very anoying beeper so that I'm at least forced to turn winkers of....manual not really my thing!

Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 26 May, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »

Today got the microswitches delivered so time for some hobbying...
I used an incomplete switch that came in the furgoncino (but was the wrong type anyway), added an aluminium plate to carry the two microswiches.  The mini 12V relays came on top of the switches.

The switch is now self centring using the springs of the microswitches.  Switching activates the contact and the relay, and the relay contact keeps the relay going (and the winkers) with the switch back in central position.  As the ground of the relay coils is coming over the relevant column switch this cancels the relay operation and thus the winkers.

The wiring stayed mostly Original, exept that the common of the steering column switch is now connected to the ground, and interupts the supply to the relevant relays.  

And the good news: all fitted and it works!

(I found a more or less suitable plastic box to fit around the assy to provide some isolation....)

« Last Edit: 26 May, 2017, 03:43:59 PM by Dikappa » Logged
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 27 May, 2017, 06:20:34 AM »

After a test drive yesterday some disadvantages of the setup came to light...it is impossible to cancel manually, and switching to the other side makes all 4 winkers go.. so as a final solution it will be best to find an original switch.
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 04 June, 2017, 05:36:05 PM »

Koen,
Do you have a photo or model number of the indicator switch you require?
Chris

Chris Gawne
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 05 June, 2017, 06:47:09 AM »

Koen,
I think the indicator switch you require might be  a Carello one like these photos.
I have 3 of these.
One is slightly faulty and is not photographed but it is very repairable as its just a small straight 'bar' type spring missing.
The second one is used but is 100% and is the one with the aluminium operating arm (as the plastic one broke which is common).
And the third one with the blue and red transfer on the case is brand new unused. Inside the case the coils are slightly different to the other 2 and I have no idea why as there are no part numbers anywhere to be seen.
I also have a nice period Marchal indicator switch with a clockwork timer in it and a translucent red collar with a bulb behind it to show when its on..
Any interest drop me a pm.
Chris

Chris Gawne
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #7 on: 05 June, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »

Odd what you come across buying stuff off eBay.it...

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Interruttore-Deviatore-magnetico-ripetitori-laterali-Carello-Lancia-Aurelia-/172672255741?hash=item28341186fd:g:SOYAAOSw32lYxvYO

Guy
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 06 June, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »

I thought I would have a closer look inside my Marchal clockwork indicator switch and its fascinating.
The timer is like a clock with a proper movement which operates for a finite time whichever way you operate the switch - to the left or right - and what I didn't expect to find is that the flasher mechanism is also inside the switch and that it is also mechanical like a watch movement. The points are unmarked so I think the switch is new and unused!
I wonder whether I will ever get round to using it?
Chris

Chris Gawne
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 06 June, 2017, 08:53:33 AM »

Superb. Comes from a world where items weren't obsolete in a month.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 06 June, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »

It is very similar to the one on an HY Citroen van I have been working on

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #11 on: 06 June, 2017, 08:47:42 PM »

Chris, that is the correct switch.  Never seen one but it should have little retaining coils inside .  The one with the clockwork is an unbelievable piece of machinery! Would cost a fortune if one would built something like that today...but it would not fit the B21 dash I believe, simply too big.

For now I added a cancel button under the dash, but want to put it right in the future, will send a PM!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd