Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:53:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show ( NEC ) - stand 5-245  (Read 50856 times)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 27 June, 2016, 11:01:10 AM »

http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/

11th - 13th November

Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show 11-13 November 2016

We have a larger stand for this year, so there will be more to see and more to promote to the general public and more importantly potential new members. Classic Lancias have been imported at amazing numbers over the last 12 months, we need their owners as members!

Therefore we need your help on the stand more than ever.

Our stand will be in Hall 5 and the stand number is 5-245. See the advert in this month's edition for discounted ticket prices for members.

If you can spare a couple of hours on any of the three days to help on the stand that will be great and you will get a free ticket in recognition.  Please contact Brian Mills a.s.a.p. (01903 265868 or blsmills68@yahoo.co.uk)

« Last Edit: 17 September, 2016, 07:41:13 AM by sparehead3 » Logged

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 17 September, 2016, 07:42:36 AM »

Here's the link into our members' area where there's a club discount code http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9167.0

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 17 September, 2016, 07:45:15 PM »

Hi Steve

Email sent to Brian, happy to help on the Thurs setup and Friday.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
smithymc

1976 Beta coupe - Chocolate Lime

« Reply #3 on: 18 October, 2016, 06:49:19 AM »

I am happy to come along on Friday.

Mark
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 24 October, 2016, 11:42:05 AM »

The Lancia Motor Club celebrates 110 years of Lancia motoring innovation.

The four cars that will be on the Lancia Motor Club stand are some of the distinct designs produced by Lancia from the early sixties to late eighties.

Firstly, the quirky Flavia Sport styled by Zagato and featuring a 1800cc flat four engine; this type competed in both track and rallying events of its era. This was succeeded by the in-house designed Fulvia Coupe with narrow angle 1300cc V4 engine canted over at 45 degrees. These little cars were the basis of Lancia’s entry into the serious sport of rallying. The iconic Lancia Delta Integrale Evo with all wheel drive and transverse inline 2 litre turbo continued domination of the world rally championship winning 6 years in a row. Finally, the ultimate Q car in the Thema 8.32, powered by the Ferrari 308 v8.

Come and see us on stand 245 in Hall 5.

For LMC Members there is an exclusive advance ticket offer giving £5 off the Sat/Sun door price. See the Exclusive Club Weekend Ticket Discount advert below for details and discount codes.
Club single ticket offer is limited to four tickets per member and the club family ticket offer is limited to one family ticket per member. Don’t forget to hand in your ticket stub or print-at-home voucher to your club’s stand at the show so they benefit from a commission. Calls cost 10ppm plus standard network charges. All bookings are subject to a single transaction fee of £1.50. Book before midnight on Monday 31st October to be automatically entered into a free prize draw to win a HERO Cup limited edition Zenith Open Face Chronomaster watch worth £7,000 (inc. VAT) courtesy of Hero Events.
Call +44(0)871 230 1088 or book online at www.necclassicmotorshow.com

For the Member Ticket Offer see : http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9254.0
« Last Edit: 24 October, 2016, 11:43:47 AM by sparehead3 » Logged

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 25 October, 2016, 11:45:12 AM »

Hi

I'm setting up the slide show for the NEC ( using the Raspberry Pi and the TV ) as we've done for the past few years at the show.

The photos selected are all picture put into the club database over the past year plus any pictures we have of the cars on the stand. This means that if you'd like your car to appear on the slide show then all you need to do is log onto the database www.lanciadb.co.uk , register your car ( if not already done so ) and upload a picture ( with a description for the picture if possible ) using the camera icon

Pictures then get automatically added to the Slideshow which is produced just before the show starts - we usually have 50 - 70 pictures and they cover all sorts of things. 'Real' period pictures can also be uploaded - you just need to scan them first into a jpg file and then upload them using the camera icon.

As well as adding to the NEC stand, the photos are kept , tagged and form part of the clubs history. 

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
smithymc

« Reply #6 on: 10 November, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »

I have managed to clear work backlog, or at least given up caring about it, so will be there tomorrow.

Mark
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 12 November, 2016, 09:07:43 AM »

Here are a few pictures of the stand yesterday. It looked very good, but I would have liked to have seen a sliding pillar car there, too.
Regards, John

* LMC-NEC2016a.jpg (1120.93 KB, 5053x2974 - viewed 541 times.)

* LMC-NEC2016-2a.jpg (1091.4 KB, 4332x2640 - viewed 564 times.)

* LMC-NEC2016-3a.jpg (999.02 KB, 4920x2940 - viewed 523 times.)
smithymc

« Reply #8 on: 12 November, 2016, 01:41:15 PM »

I think the combined stand worked well-  the public only saw it as a single stand and two people I spoke to thought it was the best stand they had seen. Much nicer hall than 2014 when I was last helping out - had this new fangled innovation called daylight.

Well done to the stand stalwarts.

Mark
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #9 on: 12 November, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »

Hi All

Have to agree that a single stand works well, would have been preferable if we could also have the Monte cons. on it as well which would have made a complete group. Just wondered if it was possible to talk to the organisers as a combined group rather than having to each apply separately? Not sure if this would impact potential stand size?

On the lack of sliding pillar cars, I have two observations on this from my time on the stand last year and this (Friday only).

1) The Aurelia last year appeared to attract relatively small amount of interest

2) My impression is that over the whole show there are very few pre 60's cars present

I am not saying that we should not have any on the stand, far from it, just that my feeling is that the vast majority of the visitors do not relate to the older cars and are looking at the cars which they remember having in the past themselves or in their family.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Tony Stephens

« Reply #10 on: 13 November, 2016, 07:50:08 AM »

Not the experience on the VSCC stand, which I gather was always busy
smithymc

« Reply #11 on: 13 November, 2016, 07:59:39 AM »

I met some Riley guys on the train back and they were disappointed in the Riley stand for the lack of breadth in the display.

Mark
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 13 November, 2016, 09:02:14 AM »

This being my second year helping out on the club stand, I can offer  some comparison bar this being a working week day.

It wasnt quite as busy, a few less enquiries but seemingly as many application forms etc handed out.

Good idea to have any and all Lancia clubs pitched together, Lancias profile has diminishing significantly in recent years and this will continue. It is called the classic car show whereas Lancias history spans all aspects of car categories, given the great variety of wonderful cars in the classic period of Lancias history having 2 similar models to last year didn't reflect this diversity, perhaps we could have squeezed an extra car on the stand, perhaps the stand could have been more dynamic?

Also, to contradict myself, our vintage cars could have been displayed on the VSSC stand or other multi marque stands?

All in all I enjoyed the day, great to meet fellow members and stalwarts of the club and I hope we gain new members from the interest shown.

P

Frank Gallagher
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 13 November, 2016, 02:45:24 PM »

Here are some pictures I took of the stand coming together.

* NEC stand 1.jpg (233.07 KB, 1392x783 - viewed 537 times.)

* NEC stand 2.jpg (237.53 KB, 1392x783 - viewed 488 times.)

* NEC stand 4.jpg (206.52 KB, 1392x783 - viewed 532 times.)

* NEC stand 5.jpg (226.91 KB, 1392x783 - viewed 499 times.)
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 13 November, 2016, 06:34:02 PM »

This is my very personal view regarding the stand based on my own areas of interest in older cars and having helped on the stand only once.

There is a huge number of beautiful cars across the show, some are concours, some don't run to quite that standard, but are still extremely well finished whilst others display an age appropriate patina. I feel that the majority of attendees at the show have an interest not only in the finished products as displayed, but also in what has been involved in getting them to and/or keeping them in that condition. Are there more projects than 'finished' cars out there? I would guess yes!

I recall that during the time I helped on the stand, I am guessing in the order of 6 years ago, there was one area of the Lancia family stand, I think it was the Montecarlo boys area, that on one of the days had a great deal of interest. The simple reason for this was that one of the display cars, on the run to the NEC had a problem, I think a run  front wheel bearing and the reason for the great interest ..... the owner jacked up the car and replaced the bearing while the show was on. The cars in themselves were interesting, but the great attraction was that this wasn't a static display ..... someone was working on their car! I am not suggesting that the LMC stand should become a restoration/repair stand, but I do think there is a genuine interest in the 'guts' of the cars. Lancia, renowned for their superb advanced engineering are in a prime position to take advantage of the situation. Does the Club, one of the consortia or a business or an individual own say a display engine or suspension unit. I believe that a display of mechanical parts alongside the excellent cars that members are kind enough to bring along would enhance the stand and set it apart from the other one make clubs. If there are no display units available why not show the evolution of some element. For example why not a range of narrow V4 engines from Lambda to Fulvia, or sliding pillar suspension units from Lambda to Aurelia/Appia.

To put it simply, I think that the Club could do well to add an area of mechanical interest alongside the finished articles. I am not in a position to provide such a display, but would gladly help if there was a desire to try something along these lines.

Andy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd