Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 07:17:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B20 - Headlights and fog lights  (Read 3256 times)
Charles T

« on: 05 June, 2016, 04:01:36 PM »

Good afternoon all,

I have an enquiry on headlamps & fog lights.

The bulbs installed in the headlamps and fog lights of my B20 are circa 1960’s and will, at some point, fail.  The bulb type is not familiar to me.  Is anyone able to confirm the bulb type for the original Carello light units and where I can get some spares, preferably in the UK?

The electrical connections for the fog lights are poor, with no holder for the bulbs to sit in. The connections seem to be a bit hit and miss, possibly just due to the contacts on the bulbs, as they work intermittently.  As an option, is it possible to get adapters to enable a modern bulb type to be used? 

The light units could really do with being re-silvered anyway.  I have looked for reproduction headlights and fog lights as an interim option.  There seem to be plenty available in close enough sizes, made for British cars, but I have not yet found anything in the same style as the Carello originals.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Charles
Niels Jonassen

« Reply #1 on: 05 June, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »

Carello has complete fog lights as well as bulbs.
Charles T

« Reply #2 on: 07 June, 2016, 06:20:33 PM »

Thank you Niels.

I did eventually find some after looking on the Cavilitto site.

Omicron also have headlamp and fog light bulbs.
I understand that Omicron had a batch of fog light reflectors made up at some point in the past.  Apparently the oval shape makes the manufacturing process rather more cumbersome in comparison to a round unit, so this is unlikely to be repeated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd