Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 April, 2024, 07:23:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprilia "gruppo propulsore" removal  (Read 2303 times)
brian
Megaposter

« on: 16 June, 2016, 05:59:28 PM »

I think I have lost teeth or something in the diff of the Aprilia. I did get to the Handbook in Birmingham first but it is in Italian. Has anybody the translation of pages 47-48 or hints on how to take it off the car? It does not look too taxing - but I have said that before and lived to regret it!!
I will by the time of removal have a 2 post lift in the garage so should aid process.

Brian

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2016, 06:29:10 PM »

Hi I have just dismantled an Aprilia diff and rear subframe unit on the bench (to help another Aprilia owner with some parts)
so let me know what you find - I have some new crownwheels and pinions as well

The best thing to do is remove the whole thing as a single unit and then dismantle carefully on the floor. But if you are going to work on the innards of the diff you will need the proper spring removing tool to do it safely (and easily).

I think that it really is quite straight forward, so long as the bolts aren't seized

I will look to see if I have a translation, but not sure

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
BlueSky
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 17 June, 2016, 03:49:37 AM »

Brian,

What makes you think you have a broken gear tooth? Have you drained the oil and checked for metal fragments?

I'm only asking because removing the rear end for the first time can be difficult,  I've now done it three times and think it's fun!

The pages in the manual are just a description on how it all works, not how to repair it. If you have a 2nd series manual it is in English there. Attached is the page from "Servicing The Aprilia" that gives you some idea how to approach removing the whole unit.

If you do decide to take it out I can pass on some further details of what's involved.

Good luck,

Noel

* Final drive.jpg (572.69 KB, 1361x1928 - viewed 258 times.)

1937 1st series Aprilia Berlina
Nissan X-Trail T31 TS
1920 P & M 3 1/2hp {FOR SALE}
John Deere LX188
www.narrywoolan.com.au/home
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd