Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:20:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Berlina - a period assessment  (Read 2979 times)
Sebastien
Megaposter

« on: 12 June, 2016, 12:41:47 PM »

A nice story about how it was at the time!
Selling those marvelous (today) Fuvia Berlinas in the USA!
And what ALGAR stands for!

http://www.dontwashmine.com/Chapter10.html

A good read!

The whole story of that guy is nice, so I encourage you to start at Chapter one.
Have a glass and a bottle of wine at your side, turn off the phone, (send your wife, children and dogs on a long walk,) and enjoy!

Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »

86 reads, and no reply?

Well, chapter 11 is out, another fine period piece. What did you do in 1968?
No Fulvia Berlina in this chapter, but Fiat 850 and 124 spider, and quite a few interesting Ferraris....

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 20 June, 2016, 10:13:02 PM »

86 reads, and no reply?

Well, chapter 11 is out, another fine period piece. What did you do in 1968?
No Fulvia Berlina in this chapter, but Fiat 850 and 124 spider, and quite a few interesting Ferraris....

As a Fulvia Berlina owner I would say they are more appreciated these days, although the Coupe and Zagato Variants have are larger following and worth more; but having also had a 1.3 Rallye Coupe I think I can be objective, I made the decision to Sell the Coupe as it was a 'one or the other' choice after I'd restored my 2c, and I can't say I've ever had regrets other than that I wish I could of kept both, as the Rallye was my first Fulvia,, the Berlinas certainly have a better ride from a comfort point of view, and don't really give that much away to the 1300 models.
They were the 'first born ' from which all other versions sprung, something a lot of clubs try to conveniently forget, as do many authors who only give them a passing mention, if at all.
In 2013 there was a meeting at Mirafiore to celebrate the Fulvia's 50th Anniversary, but on their poster there was no mention of the Berlina or a photo, considering it was the Berlina's 50th that was supposedly being celebrated, it was annoying as an owner to find it had been conveniently 'Written Out' of the Fulvia History.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 18 July, 2016, 07:57:24 AM »

I haven't looked at the stats but the UK 'on the road' Fulvia population must be growing with the number of clean lhd Coupes being imported by various dealers. I know at the Fulvia 50 celebrations I was staggered when I was told how few Fulvias were on the road in the UK according to the DVLA ( I cant remember the figure but was it <100?).
As for ' on the road' Fulvia Berlinas, they are also on the increase I would have thought and maybe by a greater %. At the moment there is what looks to be a lovely red/white lhd low mileage recently imported bicolore S2 Sedan Lusso on ebay and also a rhd S1 GTE which needs a little work according to the seller.

We have just had a weeks holiday in Tuscany on a family holiday with our GTE as the 2nd car and it was perfect. Enough room for 5 adults at a friendly squeeze and our 22 months old grandson Freddie loves it as he just sits in the back on the bench seat with the adults as we bowl along. Huge fun and an immensely practical car both on the autostrada there and in the hills above Lucca.

And now we are back at our house Freddie is enjoying riding in the B12 in the locality. He has good taste!
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 18 July, 2016, 11:24:33 AM »

Perfect training for the next generation of Lancisti

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd