Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:24:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheels on S1 1.3 coupe - ivory/cream or silver ?  (Read 3393 times)
Deuce2+2coupe

« on: 06 June, 2016, 06:11:59 PM »

Hi, I'm getting original steel wheels from my late 1967 build 1st series Rallye 1.3 refurbished. I would like to restore them to original colour, but not sure what this was!
They were in silver when I bought the car - but this paint was relatively recent,  and I haven't been able to detect anything conclusively from traces of previous paint layers e.g. there are some whitish traces, but might be primer, all paint might have been stripped preciously.
Could the body colour make a difference? - mine is and was Jamaica Blue, metallic.
I have a 1967 Lancia brochure Le Maggiorate with centre pages colour shot which with all Fulvia models lined up shows (dark blue) Sport with silvery painted  wheels, the others (inc non HF Rallye) with ivory.
However , there is a nice colour ad. in Autocar 17 Oct 68 which seems to show a coupe in similar blue body to mine having silverish wheel.
I should be v. grateful for any light that can be thrown on my colour confusion! 
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 06 June, 2016, 06:42:04 PM »

If you decide it should be ivory Brian Hilton has recently painted the wheels on his sedan so will be able to advise. His look wonderful.
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 07 June, 2016, 08:48:16 AM »

Believe Ivorio Antico is the correct colour although Rover Arum white is close.

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 12 June, 2016, 08:56:05 PM »

If you decide it should be ivory Brian Hilton has recently painted the wheels on his sedan so will be able to advise. His look wonderful.

On Frank's recommendation I took myself off to A.R.Motor Factors Baldock to see if we could track down the right colour for my series 1 2c Berlina wheels.

I still had one of the wheels that was the spare at the time, and which hadn't been used when I bought her, so I took this with me, it took best part of an hour using the swatches to find a similar colour, on checking the code against their computer it turned out to be a fiat colour, however digging a bit deeper the assistant found there was a period  Lancia colour listed as well.
This turned out to be 'Lancia 228 Avorio' Lesonal base. Mixing ratio: Y shade, can size ASL.
Two spray tins were made up for me, Modern paint now I found dries to a matt finish and then has to then be sprayed with a lacquer coat, or more than one coat, to get the gloss finish.
I was extremely pleased with the match and the finish, but be warned, you really need to spray the lacquer in particular, outside, and if possible use a good mask as it's pretty toxic.
Have a look here for the story and the finished wheels, I'm very pleased with the result and I'm sure it's about as close as you're likely to get to the original colour.
 http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7913.15

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Deuce2+2coupe

« Reply #4 on: 24 June, 2016, 01:45:05 AM »

Grateful for these replies. I have opted to go with the ivory, in the absence of any suggestion that his wouldn't have been the original colour. Many thanks Brian for the link and all your tips; I don't have the skill & facilities to refurb. well myself, so have taken them for professional shotblasting and repaint (asking for Lancia paint code you identified).  Your wheels look superb of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd