Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 06:13:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Augusta article in Auto Italia  (Read 6323 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 13 January, 2016, 11:56:29 AM »

A nice 5 page spread on the above, owned by a Dale Hicks, known to us? Also an article on the Thema.

P

Frank Gallagher
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 13 January, 2016, 12:39:51 PM »

Nice article, but Lancia did offer lhd as an option on eighth series Lambdas. There are a few of them still running. The photo on page 63 clearly shows why Augusta doors have a tendency to open of their own accord!
Regards, John
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 13 January, 2016, 05:39:22 PM »

A nice 5 page spread on the above, owned by a Dale Hicks, known to us? Also an article on the Thema.

P

Very much so, Dale is a Stalwart amongst the Brooklands lot and the members around that part of the World..

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 13 January, 2016, 07:30:59 PM »

Yes, Dale is a long term Surrey member who has a number of other Lancias over the years.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
donw
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 15 January, 2016, 06:02:04 PM »

Nice article but why will people persist in saying there are 3 series of Augusta, there were three "versions" of the berlina and one chassis.  The early cars with flat sides and a flat radiator shell, bolt on disk or half wire wheels, then a lusso with the shield shape radiator shell , a moulding round the waist line and small glass louvers at the top of the doors and finally when all the bodies were made with the waist line a standard version without the window louvers and with fergat pressed spoked bolt on wheels in stead of the rudge k.o. wheels on the lusso.

Number of Augustas worldwide "thought to be running 50", where do they get this from?  there are over 30 recorded in the LMC of which about 20 are running, there are probably at least 100 in Italy with about half in running condition.  Then of course there are Belnas.

Don

Don Williamson
Member 111 joined 26th July 1963
1917 Theta 2str
1926 Lambda torpedo
1930 Artena berlina
1933 Belna coupe
higgsy 45

« Reply #5 on: 28 April, 2016, 09:53:18 AM »

Hi All
 I spent 3 months in New Zealand immediately after the article was printed and don't visit the forum regularly. Please bear in mind that although I had an Augusta project in a barn for 30 odd years I'm effectively new to the cars. I'll put my hand up for a few things in your responses;

Firstly the LH rear door; I was really annoyed when I saw that photo, it was my fault for not shutting the door properly, they do need to be closed firmly. I fitted new seals from Ciccognani when I got the car on the road, they are too stiff and this commits me to a rigid door shutting routine. If one door is shut first then the other shut to it only the first shut can be opened as the seal holds the other door in place, it is impossible to open the second shut door against the seal (I'm very reluctant to do the obvious and trim a load off the seal). To shut yourself in open both doors check top locks are down, shut front door then shut rear door, then the front doors can be opened to get out. When we went to see the car in Italy the owner took us for a short drive around town. It was a frightening experience as every time we went round a right hand corner my door (front passenger) just came open. Quite scary in an Augusta as nothing to hang on to. When I was getting the car ready for it's MOT I thought just tighten up the latches! That's how I've learn't about Augustas. The silentblocs were non existent, just some hard rubber loose bits. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to get any so I made some using some slotted 22 mm copper tube with heater hose inside, they fitted and worked very well. Then I found Fibet and bought some to suit (plus for the steering joints) all dimensions were correct except that the OD was 1 mm too large I checked with Fibet who confirmed that they could be machined down so problem solved, I've never had a door come unlatched since but the wife won't ride in the car unless the doors are locked on her side. I never lock my side while I'm driving.

I must point out that John is one of my advisors who along with Morris who have generally guide me through my sometimes painful Augusta learning curve.

Don's points; I did try to say that there weren't series numbers for Augusta I know that there was the original flat radiator version and the later version as mine but never quite sure about the finer points of Lusso and Later standard car which is what I seem to have.
Number of cars on the road about 50 down to me, I just worked around the approximate number of people on Morris's Augusta news letter list. (I guess 50 not so far from Don's suggestion of 80ish)

Anyone looking for silentbloc bushes should look up Fibet on the internet they have a huge range and they cost around a fiver a piece but you need to order enough to meet their minimum order charge (I bought several for the steering plus 8 for the doors, I still have some spares for the steering as I've fitted industrial thermoplastic ball joints which have survived for 3 years of limited use without problems.

My old barn project was a 1934 Flat radiator Augusta reg no AYT 838 which had been fitted with the later body shell with raised ribs just after the war (buff log book confirms this) but retained the vintage front,  Car now owned by Christo who has done a huge amount of work to get it back in good order, he has many old photos of the car some in competition.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd